The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Rule discussion - Hierophant Bio-titan

3 posters

Go down

House Rule discussion - Hierophant Bio-titan Empty House Rule discussion - Hierophant Bio-titan

Post  dswanick Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:58 am

When the Hierophant Bio-titan datasheet was written it was given a 2+ Armor save and Warp Field (which provided a 5+ Invulnerable save). With the release of a new codex, Warp Field now provides Zoanthropes with a 3+ Invulnerable save which, if applied as is to the Hierophant, makes this thing far more durable than it's points cost warrants.

I would like to suggest that we continue to play the Hierophant as it was intended when the datasheet was released - 2+/5++.
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

House Rule discussion - Hierophant Bio-titan Empty Re: House Rule discussion - Hierophant Bio-titan

Post  Brian_Horton Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 am

I would say the best way to resolve this issue would be to take and rewrite the Bio-Titian to have the new warp field. My reason for this is the fact that a unit of 5 Terminators with Thunderhammer & Storm Sheilds have that 3+ invulnerable. Yes the Titian is harder to would but with the amount of weapons that are Str 8 and Higher in the game it would balance him out. I have played him both ways and I watched as a unit that cost 400 points (10 TH/SS Termies) took down 1500 points in 1 round of combat. Running it with the 3+ the same combat lasted for 4 turns making it a more dramatic battle and seeming much more fluffy in my opinion.

Brian
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

House Rule discussion - Hierophant Bio-titan Empty Re: House Rule discussion - Hierophant Bio-titan

Post  Warboss Grimtooth Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 pm

I would have to agree with Brian on this one. It is a truely massive creature, it's save should reflect that. If it were to fall to a commonly fielded squad of termies that costs barely more than one fourth of it's points in one turn then it is not correctly ballanced in my opinion.

Chris
Warboss Grimtooth
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

https://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  dswanick Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:42 am

Brian and I talked about this on thursday at CZ.
The problem with the 3++ is that while the 1,250pt Hierophant can destroy a 1,450pt Reaver (WS2 I1) in one round of combat (16X Str8 BS3 shots and 8 Str10 (+2d6 AP) WS6 I3 CC attacks) on a unit which can move up to 30" into assault and has 10 regenerating Wounds. Meanwhile the Hierophant can take 30 Str D shots and will still likely have wounds remaining.
I still like his idea of completely revamping the datasheet best. If that's not feasable, I'm sure we can come to some kind of compromise.
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down