The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Rule discussion - Flank March

2 posters

Go down

House Rule discussion - Flank March Empty House Rule discussion - Flank March

Post  dswanick Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:43 am

My experience with other game groups has found that Flank March can be an unbalanced Strategic Asset with some armies. I would like your opinions on this issue, and suggestions on how it might be house-rules in our games.

The approach I've seen used, which I thought worked well, was limitiing the Asset to affecting one non-Super Heavy unit or Formation when selected as a player's choice and limited to the Formation which gives it as a bonus Asset.
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

House Rule discussion - Flank March Empty Re: House Rule discussion - Flank March

Post  Brian_Horton Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:52 am

dswanick wrote:My experience with other game groups has found that Flank March can be an unbalanced Strategic Asset with some armies. I would like your opinions on this issue, and suggestions on how it might be house-rules in our games.

The approach I've seen used, which I thought worked well, was limiting the Asset to affecting one non-Super Heavy unit or Formation when selected as a player's choice and limited to the Formation which gives it as a bonus Asset.

I think this works fine as a house rule. Flank Marching super heavies does not make a lot of sense.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down