The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living O-zone

Go down

The Living O-zone Empty The Living O-zone

Post  Papa Nurgle Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Some of you have heard me talk of this, others of you have asked what this is. Basically, it is a campaign setting, more than a campaign. I will be running scenario's but they will correspond to other events that are running. That is to say that if someone else, like Horton, decides to run his campaign, it will be all part of the same universe.

What I am seeking to do is create a universe that is ours. Fluff will be ours. We will utilize the existing fluff and build on it.

I am doing this to bring fun back to the game. Scenarios will differ from the normal ones. Army lists will change based upon scenarios. I want people to fully explore their armies and utilize every element.

Hopefully, other people will jump on this on build upon it. If you have any ideas, either for your army, or for scenario's let me know.

The basic set up will be as follows:

Scenarios will run for 2 weeks. You have 2 weeks to play your game. You can play anytime, anywhere. Results will be reported to me before the next scenario. Failure to play a game will result in a loss. Failure to report results on time will also result in a loss.

Throughout the course of the campaign, armies will grow. Units will gain experience. Units will die. Things will change as the forces of order and disorder surge and move through the universe.

I will be using the veterans rules out of the main rules, pg 263. I will be using the Battle Missions book. I plan on using Planet Strike as well.

Each army MUST contain a named character. This will be your general. Your General does not need to be used in battles, unless a scenario dictates it. There will be at least one scenario where your General will be on the battlefield.

Named characters that fall during a battle do not die, but are grieviously injured. To represent this, a named character that falls during a scenario MAY NOT BE USED IN THE NEXT SCENARIO.

Reknown

Reknown is something that I will be using. Once an army has earned 4 pts of reknown, they will be able to re-roll one die roll per battle. Tha army with the highest reknown will also gain a +1 to their initiative roll.

The breakdown:

Win a battle - +1 reknown
Lose a battle - -1 reknown
Massacre - +2/-2 reknown
Winning a battle vs. an opponent with a reknown 2x your own - +1 reknown
Losing a battle vs. an opponent with a reknwon 1/2 your own - -1 reknown

Veteran abilities and reknown will carry through each scenario. It will be up to future campaign organizers whether to allow it or not.

If you want to change your army, you may do so...but not between battles...only between scenarios. If you decide to change your army, none of your veteran abilities or reknown will carry over. You will be starting from scratch.

One last word on Veteran abilities - IF you have a unit that earns a veteran ability, you may change wargear. However, you may never have more models in it than its original starting number.

Example: I play a Blood Angels army and I take a unit of 10 Death Company. they earn a veteran ability but lose 4 models. I can only take 10 models in this company from this point on.

Also - once a unit has earned a veteran ability, it must be named. Battles wouldn't be epic without tales of units like the Last Chancers.

Any questions, please contact me.

Thanks and lets have some fun.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down