The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New rules for tournaments

5 posters

Go down

New rules for tournaments Empty New rules for tournaments

Post  Lord Jimbo Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:01 pm

are we getting a field judge for our tournaments? i think it would be a great idea and clear up some things. Keebler do you know what brought this about.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

New rules for tournaments Empty Re: New rules for tournaments

Post  Headless Calgar Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:57 pm

There have been several "incidents" at the tournaments, where mike has been stuck at the front and could not give clear judgments on things.

Brian Miller has volunteered to be the field judge for tournaments. I do not know if this applies to LoTR but I would assume so. Brian will be able to give field judgments for the tournaments, and all rulings will be final, unless Mike steps in to overrule it.

There will be some other rules implemented, and Mike will address those.
Headless Calgar
Headless Calgar
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:20 pm

cool i think its a great idea ensures that matches arent decided thanks to a misinterpretation of the rules. does Brian have any experience with LOTR
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 pm

I think it's the one game he DOESN'T play. But 40k has 12+ people each tournament while we're lucky to get 6. While it would be cool to have a field judge the Lord of the Rings players have been playing the same edition for 4 years at least and have been playing each other for so long that we are more or less self-regulating though the field judge is club encompassing. Needless to say I think we're so small Mike can handle the 1 or 2 questions that come up that we can't answer.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:34 am

all too true my pointy eared friend but we could use some clarification for WOTR. true we could work it out our selves but an unbiased judge on some of the ambiguities would be nice.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 am

Unfortunatly I do not know the system. That is not to say that I dont want to learn. Maybe I will have to come in on a monday night and learn.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 pm

That would be cool Miller. The more 40k people we can infect the more new people we can draw into the game. One of us, one of us! And Mike informed me that due to low turn outs to tournaments that he's thinking of nixing WoTR all together for the moment. Truth be told I'm not sad. The rules are too vague even after an FAQ and 4 people does not a tournament make. I'm actually thinking of using my Lord of the Rings Repness and talking to Mike and seeing if we can start running lower point tournaments to draw more people in. What do you guys think?
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Also boys Mike mentioned Rogue trader tournaments for everyone in Jan. That's not just a smack your opponent around. Get your paints out and play nice because those count just as much as winning!
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm

youd be most welcome to come in and learn the joys of LOTR.

KEEBLER; well i hate the idea of nixing WOTR and even lowering point limits but it may be the only way. before we do that see if mike can schedule some demos and me you nate and ian can teach the game to some people. if we did that even on a week night we can bring our armies (watered down user friendly armies that is) and walk people through games to try and get more 40k, fantasy, and new people into it.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Well I think Mike's already made up his mind about WOTR. And I've been trying to get people to show up on Monday's to learn the game and no one has ever shown. The problem is that on Monday most of the 40k players go to Walts hobby store to play 40k. I'll drop a post to see if anyone is interested in learning the game.

And if we lower the point cost to some, not all, the tournaments it will force us to economize our lists instead of fielding everything we want all the time. I don't know, it's just an idea I thought could change the game up. I'm getting bored always playing 1,000 and facing the same thing in each army.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:07 am

Lord Jimbo wrote: if we did that even on a week night we can bring our armies (watered down user friendly armies that is) and walk people through games to try and get more 40k, fantasy, and new people into it.

Remember, Tuesdays are an Open Game night. Granted it is mostly 40k but it has turned into a game free-for-all. You are more than welcome to run LotR Demos then. Also it is one of Miller's regular nights to be in the store.

Keebler wrote:...I've been trying to get people to show up on Monday's to learn the game and no one has ever shown. The problem is that on Monday most of the 40k players go to Walts hobby store to play 40k.

Acctually, No one that I know of goes to Walts any more. It became inconvenient for most of them.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down