The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules Q/A

+2
High Marshal Jerard
Everboards
6 posters

Go down

Rules Q/A Empty Rules Q/A

Post  Everboards Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:51 am

For everyone looking to have an answer to a difficult question but not able to find the time to research it in depth, feel free to post said question here and we shall do our best to research the issue and come up with the proper answer and so on.

Kilana,

ps- Also to help with memorization etc we will give the specifics as to where to find the answers and so forth as well as atleast one possible scenario for those who understand such things better. (Within the rules and laws please don't ask us to post page copies etc it will not be responded to.)

Thank you.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Rules Q/A Empty Re: Rules Q/A

Post  High Marshal Jerard Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Can the black templars take Redeemers?
High Marshal Jerard
High Marshal Jerard
Scout

http://Carney17@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 pm

I agree with Tarak, I need to rebuy another copy of the Black Templars codex but, the last time I read up on my space marines I remembder distinctly that the Templars could actually take more land raiders such as the crusaders etc due to the nature of their chapter in general. As well any Land raider for the most part is available to any and all chapters the numbers with which they may field them though are what changes based on progenitor.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:39 am

No they actually cannot take the redeemer, the specific chapters with codexe's can ONLY take what is SPECIFICALLY listed in THEIR book, after talking with the High lords we were told of our misunderstanding. Apparently the wording on the subject whee we found our information was wrong and so we were mislead. We apologise for that and in answer to your question you may not take the redeemer AT ALL.

(Note* For those NOT of the Arbitor status please refrain from responding to questions in this thread simply to control confusion. If we make a mistake and you are convinced of it etc please pm myself or Tarak or the High Lords and we will institute the changes accordingly.)

Also if you have a new question feel free to post it in a new thread so you don't have to sift through tons of questions and answers to find yours.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:26 pm

When Drop Pods land and their doors open, are the doors considered part of the model still?

Example...some jerk like Chuck drops 5 Drop Pods right next to each other. The doors open and overlap. The rules state that you must stay an inch away from enemy models. If the doors ARE part of the overall model, then the Drop Pod MUST be assaulted. If the doors are not part of the model, then units can pass between the Drop Pods.

Also - when the doors are overlapping, IF a unit can pass between the Pods, are the doors treated as Difficult Terrain?

Very Happy
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Well in the rule the 1 inch rule CLEARLY states that the rule follows for models in a unit AND hulls.

So by assuming that the doors retract from the hull then yes I would say that you canNOT pass through them also though its only a simply matter of closing the drop pod hatches one the models within have disembarked and moved away giving you ample space to "train" move models past them.

The fact is if your the opposing team and the drop doors are down on a drop pod, you MUST assault them if you cannot get your unit past without breaking the one inch rule as the doors themselves are part of the hull.

(granted chuck thats just PUSHING the limit there Razz lol)

As for difficult terrain I would say no, as difficult terrain can be agreed upon by all the players involved that would have to be debated up by the opponents. The fact is that a flat door in my opinion wouldn't make much of anything in the way of danger. Now if you have armed the pod with one of it's two weapons then that could push forth in your debate to make it difficult terrain to symbolise the automated gun opening up on anything unsanctioned to be near it although that does give the marine players an immunity so that may be seen in a normal game as an unfair advantage. (for the sake of sportsmanship in that case Iwould treat the terrain as difficult for both sides and not dangerous to be fair).
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:34 pm

On that same note would said open drop pod doors give cover to models on the other side from shooting attacks.
The models can be seen but the door of the drop pod clearly lies between the shooter & attacker.
the rules make mention of gaining cover from someone shooting between the legs of a Defiler, but we have club members who have debated this from both sides.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:26 am

The Book O' Rules specifically states that only if a set portion of the model is covered from the view point of the shooter. (LOS-Line of Sight) does it gain a cover save. Now if the doors were left half open even then it would still not grant a save in most cases since such a thin line could not possibly block over 50% of the model. This does fall into the case as to wether 50% of the unit is blocked by the drop pod itself if that is the case then YES the model DOES get a cover save but it has NOTHING to do with the doors.

Point is if 50% of the model in question is blocked from view then YES it gets a cover save. If 50% of the unit or more is in cover then the ones outside of cover get the save as well to "Represent the real swirl of combat and soldiers ducking in and out of cover as the current situation dictates."

Hope I answered satisfactoraly.

Personally as for having a unit in the way of another such as the drop pod I would say impassible as the drop pod itself is kind of hard to miss. Now if a few units were behind the door but the MAJORIY was not behind the drop pod then I would NOT give the unit a cover save since in warhammer 40k the sheer volume of shots that come from even the smallest units mean that logically anyone standing behind the door itself would be hit by some of the shots regardless of what warp blessed luck attributed to the rest of the shots ricocheting of that sliver of sideways door. Like I said though if 50% of the unit that model is with is behind that pod in general then yes that door would count but not to increase how much of the model is behind the drop pod since the doors defensive effect is all but negligeble.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:48 am

if 50% of the model in question is blocked from view then YES it gets a cover save.

The 50% of model rule only applies to Vehicles & Monstrous creatures.
On p21 of the Rulebook (mini) models in cover are defined as:
"...any part of the target model's body (as defined on page 16) is obscured from the point of view of the firer, the target model is in cover..."

However, I am referring to the rules on p21 for intervening models.

Lets take a Chuck example again, pirat

The units in question are 24" apart and Chuck has dropped a number of EMPTY drop pods
12" away from each. The doors are open & overlapping slightly. The pods are immobile but Not wrecked so they still count as enemy units.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:09 am

Then yes *your right I read those exact rules last night so I did misread like I thought thank you* they would get a cover save for part of the model bieng obscured to the shooters line of site. as for how many of the models in the unit are obscured for safties sake I would suggest that you follow the 50% rule still in this care just to make it fair yes? Otherwise as was stated earlier we get heated debates from members.

For fairness I suggest using the 50% rule of the unit in cover etc to handle it quickly without bias.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  WarMaster Horus Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:30 pm

go drop pods
WarMaster Horus
WarMaster Horus
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Rules Q/A Empty Terminator Wolf Lord with frostblade

Post  Son Of Russ Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:35 pm

In the new Space Wolves Codex i have noticed that a wolf lord can replace his ccw with a frost blade or axe but when he replaces everything for terminator armor/pw/sb there isnt any options to replace a power weapon or stormbolter to a frost blade. My question is can a wolf lord have terminator armor and a frost blade
Son Of Russ
Son Of Russ
Arbitor

http://myspace.com/deerkiller8127

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:20 am

I don't see why not, *its late here atm* I will give the codex a quick look over next time I am home to grab it and give you a definitive answer. At the moment since it IS an equipment choice i would go ahead and take it for the cost since unlike the prior rule it isn't something you can exchange it for but something you can choose to take instead.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down