The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army background

2 posters

Go down

Army background Empty Army background

Post  Everboards Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 am

Many people find the game to be a competetive grind, moving from one victory to the next only seeking to crush the next person as hard or harder than the last. I personnaly although very drawn to the competition aspect firmly believe that my full joy lies in the deep backdrop of the stories and their accompanying offshoots.

With that I present to you the beginnings of the background, lore, and dogma of my Imperial Guard the Sarosian fighting first and the Space marine chapter they share their system with, the Sons of Uhra.

Barely scant centimeters on the star charts, galactic southwest of the Belis Corona lies a seemingly small and unnoticed system, it's planets and inhabitants all but entirely engulfed by the enormity of other outlying systems such as Cadia and Armageddon.

It is within this system, almost unknown as Valoris that an unexpected strength dwells. With but one main star the majority of the celestial bodies rotate on their set paths such planets as Archopilles lying dormant the frozen wastelands home to nothing but death and barren ice plains.

Following closely are planets such as Sarosia, the second to last world in the system and by far the most heavily populated. It is within the rich verdant green of this celestial body that the systems most precious commodity is held, the lifeblood of Valoris it's primary fruit and greatest labor of love towards the Imperium, Sarosians.

Sarosia-

Since the splitting of the legions and the retaking of lost worlds post heresy, Sarosia has been home to a feudal race, a hardy sun darkened people who's respect comes not from word but by show of blade. Rich and forested the lands of Sarosia are a rare thing indeed, healthy and rampant trees grow amidst cool rivers and colosal mountain ranges. The azure tinged sky never seems to darken and but for the timely rainy season the world would seem but a paradise but for one thing, Orks.

Vile and unfettered the green monstrosities rage but once a year amidst the cities and townships of the planet, this yearly green tide having many names. One such name is "The scouring." It is during the Scouring towards the end of every year that the Orks hunkered in the mountains grow again in strength from the previous years uprising. Although a cause for concern in most cultures, this particular event is heralded as the greatest of all things. Nobles far and wide raise their armies, each vowing great deeds to be completed prior to the scourings' end in front of the Ancient ones. The great council known as the Ancient ones presides over the event, keeping an ever vigilant eye on those who are to be found wanting in the face of the green menace and those who would be lauded as heroes during the battles.

Once finished the returning armies first head for the Zerelon ranges, it is a sworn duty that the greatest general of the scouring once named by the ancient ones, swear fealty to them and put forth his strongest bravest lads, the event is called the ascension and once offered it is these youths task to scale the treachorous face fo the moutain with not but what they had on them from the start of life. For those who survive the task of remaining atop the mountain for a full moon cycle is their reward, atop the summit they must pit themselves against monsters such as the Rock raptor, Sky crab, and Fergus lizards all creatures of carniverous attitude who call the summits their home.

Aside from the men in the ascension the survivors of the scouring head home, their armies in tow to prepare for the Agredoris,a series of battles fought amongst their bretheren cites in one long season spanning campaign, not for power or land but, to keep the skills of the menfolk and the hardened steel of their minds sharp for the scourings return.

From these peoples a people with honor, bravery, and sacrifice chiselled into their very fibers are the regiments of the Sarosian fighting first drawn.

Once past the ascension the best regiments of men from the finest of that years scouring generals are called upon, the men taken to Sarosia's moon of Uhra where they are trained in the southern pole and indoctrinated into the guard.

As tradition dictates only ever are there enough for one regiment at a time on Uhra, the number one bieng believed to symbolise unity in mind, body, and purpose. This regiment is trained and dispatched to commands far and wide a fresh regiment sent for training soon after. This way although their are countless regiments of Sarosians in military campaigns spanning the entirety of humanities domain there are only ever one regiment per army thus allowing them all to don the name the Sarosian fighting 1st.

The Sons of Uhra-

Inset into the mighty face of the Velor'in Ranges lies an awe inspiring site, to the few who have seen it aside from it's inhabitants it is known as the Heart of Uhra, but to the chapter that calls it home it is known by one name "The Contego Veneratio" or the Shield of Faith. A mighty fortress monastary it is the home of the chapter known as the Fists of Uhra.

Although of unknown decent the chapter can base it's origins far enough back to place it's beginnings at the splitting of the Emperor's legions. After this their history is patched and hazy at best, the originating chapter lost to travesties and the erosion of time. Unlike fellow upstart chapters though the Fists of Uhra find their origins to be of a second concern their urge to delve deeper into those mysteries only sparked when an opportunity arises. Their primary goal is the protection of all Imperial life, for unlike many other chapters, they believe all life in all facets to be important enhanced or not. Although not above extermination for the greater good of humanity, the chapter as a whole values honor and will step out of their own way in order to garuntee the lives of as many innocents as possible in any theatre of war.

Although this practice has led to altercations with various faction many times, the chapter does enjoy a healthy respect from the majority of their bretheren, namely such chapters as the Blood Angels, Space wolves, Ultramarines, Salamanders, and such. Their strict code of martial honor seen as a "unique" trait within an "upstart" chapter as they are seen to be by many of the more aged and experienced Astartes.

Although hazy on the fine details of their origins one thing is set in stone as to their past. Their originator much like the Blood Ravens was a marine of extraordinary ability, although his chapter is lost to time his exploits are not, his name was Ordren Uhra and upon his settlement of the world of Sarosia he was to set a path that would be mirrored by his chapter from that day onward.

The Sons strive in every way to mirror their founders' prowess in the balance of combat. Favoring his weapon of choice they power fist it is not hard to guess as to where their namesake derived. They relish open force to force combat, but it is with the effective and battle axe like use that they employ strategic assaults and strikes that they destroy the foe. Prefering to rely on the abilites of individual units of their bretheren in combat sets them apart from their comrades whos chapters continuosly employ mass orbital drops and fortress storming.

A trait amongst the chapter that also pushes them to stand out amongst other marines is the material with which they craft their namesake weapons. All powerfists within the Sons of Uhra are crafted from a peculiar stone like metal called Sarollium a mineral that once forged and beaten becomes as strong as any ceramite and as deadly as any metal forged powerfist although some would say slightly more so. The material of this stone though no matter what is attempted always retains its marble like features as if the Sons of Uhra wield fists carved from the Velor'in mountains themselves.

Although hazed in mystery and with only the vaulted texts documenting their founders' history the Sons of Uhra have carved themselves a formidable reputation. Known for their apptitude for fighting traitor marines and orks they have often been mistaken as Crimson fists or atleast a succesor chapter due to the almost identical blue of their armor. While not a theory discounted by them the Sons are reluctant to accept that as their origins, they will admit however that the two chapters do share very stark similarities. For whatever the reason and forever long it will last, the Sons of Uhra have accepted that their hidden origins will reveal itself in due time, atleast for now though they understand full well that their is an entire universe of their bretheren that require their aide, and they are only too happy to oblige.

(I wrote this up all at once from scraps of stuff I had thrown together over a period of time, I know it needs refinement and I know more clarity etc I assume though that you guys can also piece togehter finer details about the chapter from the future fluff etc I will be writing. As well as finer details about the inner workins of the guard regiments primariy the "Hellborn" as the original regiment is known. Please feel free to commment and suggest any changes or fixes etc you guys think I should add remove and the such. Thanks again in advance!)
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Army background Empty Re: Army background

Post  forward unto dawn Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 pm

the IG recruitment seems epic, i would love to know how the Sons of Uhra recruit their new members Very Happy , great stuff so far
forward unto dawn
forward unto dawn
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:54 pm

the ascension on the mountain is the Sons of Uhra recruiting so you know. I've debated working a story out via a sergeant's viewpoint from the Sons of Uhra during an urban conflict I may get around to it soon I don't quite know.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  forward unto dawn Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:01 pm

oh sorry i was confused by saying the where indoctrinatred into the guard,it is an awesome space test truely fitting and chapter, nice
cheers
forward unto dawn
forward unto dawn
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:17 am

Thanks, I'd like to delve deeper into the inner workings of Sarosia etc when I get the chance, the capitol is the only real city with any semblance of tech but in order to keep that fuedal fighting edge even the capitol only has steam technology sans the space port and such.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down