The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was a dark & stormy night...

5 posters

Go down

It was a dark & stormy night... Empty It was a dark & stormy night...

Post  GrimsAxe Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 pm

With the changing of the seasons & the nights getting longer. My thoughts start thinking of Halloween, & now that there are little goblins underfoot I also think back to holiday specials on TV.
So, I thought I'd break into the Halloween archive to find some you might not remember.

(Well since I'm not available to get things going at the store maybe I can stir some life into the site.)

Witch's Night Out

Halloween is Grinch Night
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

It was a dark & stormy night... Empty Re: It was a dark & stormy night...

Post  Azel RavenWood Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 am

So i watched the Grinch Night and i have to say that in my opinion...it was not what i had expected. Out of all the Dr.Seuss movies that i have seen it did not live up to say "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" or "The Lorax". I don't know....i have this vauge thought that when it comes to the animation's, some can be a hit or a miss...though this is the only one i felt that way about. I can say though that it does live up to the freaky factor that Dr.Seuss does have...i mean if you are a kid watching that last part i would think you would be affected in some way...or if you are an older person who is higher then a kite. Also has anyone else though about the idea of being stuck in a live action world of Dr.Seuss's freaky factor? It would probebly make an insane person sane and a sane person insane!!!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 am

I just recently acquired one of my all time favorite horror films, Mister Frost, starring Jeff Goldblum. Awesomeness. Not to be confused with the piece of crap with Michael Keaton.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Papa Nurgle wrote:I just recently acquired one of my all time favorite horror films, Mister Frost, starring Jeff Goldblum. Awesomeness. Not to be confused with the piece of crap with Michael Keaton.

I am pretty sure there is a diffrence between a christmas film and a horror film...unless Michael Keaton states that "I'm Batman" Very Happy
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:19 am

Azel RavenWood wrote:I am pretty sure there is a diffrence between a christmas film and a horror film...

Not Necessarily, take these for example:

It was a dark & stormy night... Get?bid=ZxF2ZcPRwMhsvg200x300&bn=SANGAM&fbid=7wIR63+Clmj+0A&fbn=CC
It was a dark & stormy night... Poster_jack-frost-1996-poster

But that's another thread. This one is on Halloween specials. Anyone else have a favorite or one you just haven't seen in a while?
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:10 am

I was always disapointed by the lack of Halloween specials. Oh sure, there's the Great Pumpkin...but there just always seemed to be a lacking of quality halloween specials.

Did Rankin Bass ever do one? Lord know they covered Christmas, Easter, and New Years.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:22 am

Papa Nurgle wrote:I was always disapointed by the lack of Halloween specials. Oh sure, there's the Great Pumpkin...but there just always seemed to be a lacking of quality halloween specials.

Did Rankin Bass ever do one? Lord know they covered Christmas, Easter, and New Years.

There will be no nocking on the great pumkin!!!!

When it come's to halloween specials.... i can't remember any from when i was a kid....i mean there were movies and festive shows on i just don't remember them. I am also refering to children specials....or familiy orianted specials. Cause we all knoe every freaky Be-donk-a-donk horror movie is shown on some channel all throughout october.

Can thriller count as a special?

Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  dswanick Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 am

Azel RavenWood wrote:
Papa Nurgle wrote:I was always disapointed by the lack of Halloween specials. Oh sure, there's the Great Pumpkin...but there just always seemed to be a lacking of quality halloween specials.

When it come's to halloween specials.... i can't remember any from when i was a kid....i mean there were movies and festive shows on i just don't remember them. I am also refering to children specials....or familiy orianted specials. Cause we all knoe every freaky Be-donk-a-donk horror movie is shown on some channel all throughout october.

Oh, Thriller was "special", all right...
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:03 pm

dswanick wrote:
Azel RavenWood wrote:

It's the only thing that i can think of that was actually a special video shown on or around Holloween.
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:42 am

dswanick wrote:
Azel RavenWood wrote:

Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Man with No Name Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:28 pm

It's the great pumpkin charlie brown. I got a candy apple, I got gum, I got a rock. Don't think Rankin Bass ever did anything for halloween. The nightmare before christmas but I guess that was more of a christmas thing.
The Man with No Name
The Man with No Name
Arbitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 pm

The Man with No Name wrote:It's the great pumpkin charlie brown. I got a candy apple, I got gum, I got a rock. Don't think Rankin Bass ever did anything for halloween. The nightmare before christmas but I guess that was more of a christmas thing.

Nightmare before Christmas is by the great Tim Burton. Other Halloween goodies from Burton:

Beetlejuice
Edward Scissorhands
Sleepy Hollow
Sweeney Todd

Even his remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory could be considered Halloween faire by some.

I rate this post 4 out of 5 Johnny Depp's.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Papa Nurgle wrote:
The Man with No Name wrote:It's the great pumpkin charlie brown. I got a candy apple, I got gum, I got a rock. Don't think Rankin Bass ever did anything for halloween. The nightmare before christmas but I guess that was more of a christmas thing.

Nightmare before Christmas is by the great Tim Burton. Other Halloween goodies from Burton:

Beetlejuice
Edward Scissorhands
Sleepy Hollow
Sweeney Todd

Even his remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory could be considered Halloween faire by some.

You could always watch tim burton's clamation short called vincent were a little kid acted like Vincent Price.
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:29 am

Azel RavenWood wrote:
Papa Nurgle wrote:

Beetlejuice
Edward Scissorhands
Sleepy Hollow
Sweeney Todd

You could always watch tim burton's clamation short called vincent were a little kid acted like Vincent Price.

Once again, Dr. Jones, we see that there is not a Tim Burton film you can mention that I have not seen.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:45 am

Papa Nurgle wrote:Once again, Dr. Jones, we see that there is not a Tim Burton film you can mention that I have not seen.

But there are a few one doesn't pick when listing Burton films for examples to watch.

Corpse Bride
Cabin Boy

On a side note, He is in Post-Production now on, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Due out in 2012
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:29 am

GrimsAxe wrote:
Papa Nurgle wrote:Once again, Dr. Jones, we see that there is not a Tim Burton film you can mention that I have not seen.

But there are a few one doesn't pick when listing Burton films for examples to watch.

Corpse Bride
Cabin Boy

On a side note, He is in Post-Production now on, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Due out in 2012

Oh!!! Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter...i now need to go see Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter lol

Also chuck i was not stating that you did not see it i was just adding another one to your list at the moment.

Also...i need to make this quote!!!!

"Dr.Jones I Touch Nothing!!!!!

lol! lol! lol!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down