The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons?

4 posters

Go down

Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons? Empty Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons?

Post  Keebler Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:58 pm

When I 1st started playing 40k this question came up and I came to the conclusion that since it didn't specifically state that they were in the Witchblade section of the main rule book that they didn't count as such. But I was reading the Warlock section of the Eldar codex on page 27 and the 1st sentence of the second paragraph says "A Warlock not only learns the runes of war but also how to wield the witchblade, a powerful Eldar force weapon." Also on page 42 of the main rule book under the witchblade section the 1st sentence starts with "These psychically tuned weapon are often carried by Eldar Psykers." Now is this enough to count them as force weapons since they are called such in the warlock fluff and are called "psychically tuned" (which is what a force weapon is) in their actual rules entry?
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons? Empty Re: Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons?

Post  Brian_Horton Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 pm

No. Check your FAQ there is no mention of an errata to them. They are still Str 9 vs vehicles though! I expect when they get around to the next codex that will be changed though.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons? Empty Re: Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons?

Post  Keebler Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 am

But would they put it in an FAQ if it's already in the codex? It specifically calls it a force weapon in the warlock description.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:50 am

I would say that the fact that the way the weapon is described in the rules supercedes any other ruling. Also - the word force might be a descriptor and not an ability. The weapon wounds on a 2+ and is Str 9 vs. Vehicles. That's pretty beefy.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Can't blame me for trying.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Come on man!!!! Just cause a description says something does not mean that applies to the rules of an item.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 am

Whoa SLAANESH, chill out. Have a nice Keebler fudge grass hopper cookie. We already sorted that out lol. But it's ok, I don't blame you for being agrivated at me. Your just a darn dirty Daemon that only exists because the Eldar got so cool the universe almost collapsed. You dont know any better Wink
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 am

Darn dirty daemon? DARN DIRTY DAEMON????

YOU SOME NERVE.....

YOU POINTY EARED....

FREAK!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Were is my cookie????
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:09 am

Eldar Witchblades as Force Weapons? Lol
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Well I baked a whole bunch for tomorrow but if your not going to be nice then I don't know...... Papa Nurgle can have some, cause he's nice. And has Talisman.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:48 am

Tread-Marked Avatar wrote:Well I baked a whole bunch for tomorrow but if your not going to be nice then I don't know...... Papa Nurgle can have some, cause he's nice. And has Talisman.

I like this guy. He can stay.

Very Happy
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down