The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ad.Mech - Knight Titan

4 posters

Go down

Ad.Mech - Knight Titan Empty Ad.Mech - Knight Titan

Post  dswanick Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Since GW has never seen fit to release official rules for Adeptus Mechanicus Knights and none of the fan forum versions really seems like a good representation of the old Epic Knights, I would like to submit for review my own homebrew datasheet for a Knight and get comments. I'm considering fielding one or two in our next scheduled Apocalypse game.

Ad.Mech - Knight Titan Knight-Paladin-500pts_Page_1

Last edited by dswanick on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:57 am; edited 3 times in total
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Ad.Mech - Knight Titan Empty Re: Ad.Mech - Knight Titan

Post  dswanick Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 pm

The theory behind this datasheet is :
> A Knight should be around the same relative power level of a Baneblade.
> Super-heavy walkers have an advantage over super-heavy tanks in movement and close combat abilities.
> I reduced the overall firepower to compensate for the increased abilities listed above.
> A Knight should be as durable as a Baneblade, but the shielding capabilities of a Knight are focused in the front arc instead of surrounding it as a Titan's Void Shields do. In compensation, they aren't "dropped" like normal Power Fields/Void Shields.
> The Knight Shield rules are pilfered from the Eldar Wave Serpent.
> The Knigt Close Combat weapon is less powerful than a true Titan Close Combat weapon (as it should be), but is slightly more powerful against vehicles than just a generic Super-heavy Walkers close combat attacks would be. In exchange, they can't be used to engage "wee little" enemies. The standard Stomp attack is for the peons. Smile
> The Shock Lance is a powerful attack, limited to use when the Knight charges and not garaunteed to be effective but devastating when it does go off.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. Dave.
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Grimtooth Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:35 pm

That is an interesting concept. I think it would be good to see how it fares in battle.
Warboss Grimtooth
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

https://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 am

So basicly it is a large walker that can beat face in close combat. I like the lance, and the fact that it has a shield to prevent melta technology...though i would have to agree with Warboss Grimtooth, i would like to see how it fares in battle.
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  dswanick Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 am

Thanks for the responses guys. If all goes well and there are no objections, I will be fielding a couple in the next game - so everyone will get a better view on the capabilities and limitations of the unit.

Just for some background - I did already field this unit in an Apocalypse game out in Rochester at the DaBoyz 2010. I fielded three in a Knight Household formation (150+1,500pts), they came in using Flank March and charged a Greater Brass Scorpion(550pts) which was their declared Ritual Opponent. I got lucky and destroyed it in my Assault phase without suffering an Apocalyptic Explosion and was then counter-charged by a Greater Daemon of Nurgle(777pts). The fight lasted most of the game but the GD was slowly crushing my Knights one by one, but it kept him locked up an unable to kill other stuff.
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:54 am

Can you send me a pdf to my email of the titan so I can read it better.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down