The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ideas for mondays

+2
Keebler
Lord Jimbo
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ideas for mondays - Page 2 Empty Re: ideas for mondays

Post  Lord Jimbo Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 am

dude we have been playing the same people for the past three years we've added bill thats it. any ways on a side note i have two people from onering coming dave who came before and another guy
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Wait, so let me get this straight. You chastise me for saying we need to bring new people in and then you follow it up by saying your bringing two new people. Priceless lol.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:23 pm

as usual you count yourself more clever than you really are these are people that already play coming from another city to partake in a one day tournament i highly doubt they will drive to Syracuse every monday to participate in battle companies. but go ahead and ask if they wanna drive 2 hours to play every monday. i would love to see them give you the stupid look we all give you on a weekly basis.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:12 pm

You never said it was only for the tournament. I was going by the vague info you gave me. You know it's things like that that can cause wars. Very Happy
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 pm

[/quote] All I'm saying is why don't we wait until we get everyone together before we take a machete to this game? And I think I'm having a brain aneurysm so I'm going to bed lol.[/quote]
way too fall in love with typos man. good to see you on this board living up to your rep. I think the Harad and Rohan forces need a facelift to include a few things. I also think Mahud and Abrakhan guard work its just rough to fit that many "promotions" into two basic troop types. So that in mind what if we have a couple tables made to see what we think and if people (the poor masses with basic box sets and no elites) want to roll on the old charts; have at it. Back to Harad, the only way to get some of those units is to roll a six first and the list also forgoes cavalry which Harad is supposed to be known for. Maybe we just add a little to the old charts, there is room to split hairs there and divvy up die scores for them. I already talked to Jim and when I have a good one I will post and you can comment. I like the idea and the game, you guys def have some cool potential with revamping charts I just want to throw my two cents in and hear it hit the bottom of the well lol.
TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:31 pm

yeah i think including the new stuf is important i know someone got trounced by an isengard battle company when they outnumbered isengard. so letting mordor, harad, and the dwarfs have their two attack guys and tweak the others to make it balanced.

and if the newer players want to stick to the old lists they can work in concert. just submit your promotion table and if we all agree its balanced have at it.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:17 pm

First off, learn to properly quote someone before critiquing their spelling. Second of all, we had ALL of this sorted out then you had to throw in the proverbial monkey wrench, again. Third, you don't even play anymore so why should we listen to you? lol. Why are we dragging this up again? I'm not complaining about not being able to use stalkers am I? Heck they don't even have an elf army and the Dol-Amroth is pretty much all Minas Tirith warriors and custom White Dwarf models and I'm still playing. That same Isengard army (which is commanded by a child may I remind everyone lol) that is slaughtering everyone was beaten by lowly goblins. If you all want to play the new models why don't we just play normal lord of the rings? Gah I can't believe we're doing this again. I can feel my blood pressure rising.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Keebler wrote:First off, learn to properly quote someone before critiquing their spelling. Second of all, we had ALL of this sorted out then you had to throw in the proverbial monkey wrench, again. Third, you don't even play anymore so why should we listen to you? lol. Why are we dragging this up again? I'm not complaining about not being able to use stalkers am I? Heck they don't even have an elf army and the Dol-Amroth is pretty much all Minas Tirith warriors and custom White Dwarf models and I'm still playing. That same Isengard army (which is commanded by a child may I remind everyone lol) that is slaughtering everyone was beaten by lowly goblins. If you all want to play the new models why don't we just play normal lord of the rings? Gah I can't believe we're doing this again. I can feel my blood pressure rising.

Be Cool Keeb.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Sorry, I'm good. I had a cookie.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:45 am

dude if some one wants to customize their list let em. this is for fun we're not playing for money so chill out and your cheesey army doesnt get stalkers so once again your wrong you dont like someones list dont play em just like you dodge hal and i. its ok it takes a strong will to face us in our wrath wah-ha-ha. if your such a purrist then stop substituting elves for goblins or sit back and have fun with it now im done arguing with you. we made changes to the dwarf list, Mordor list and added the corsair list and if some one wants to alter the harad list or rohan list let em we arent doing tournaments or offering prizes so roll with it
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:31 pm

I meant Prowlers. And I don't play you and Hal once and I'm dodging you? I don't need to dodge you. Nate and I got 4th in Chicago, what did you 2 get? Yeah thats what I thought. Oh and then there was the "team tournament" that Nate couldn't go to and you flat out said I couldn't play but that's bringing the topic elsewhere. Do what you want but I'm right that the pirate list is too much. 77 is to high to start with. Thats why after 1 night of playing ians got 4 cross bows and 2-3 reavers and a jacked hero.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:52 pm

you cant play in a "team tournament" with out a team mate brainiac other wise why have a doubles tournament. and you got fourth with an army we helped you guys buid after we destroyed you head to head. until you beat us (or any body beats us) you should not talk about doubles competition because you are clearly unable to provide the competition.

back on topic though you came up with the corsair list and ian was down to 5 models and no bows when i played him so he worked his way into a good spot. my army was getting bounced around too then i had some decent injury rolls and a good game and now its looking up for me. adding or subtracting a model type wont hurt the game but will make it more interesting, fun, and diverse.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Keebler wrote:Oh and then there was the "team tournament" that Nate couldn't go to and you flat out said I couldn't play but that's bringing the topic elsewhere.

Bitter Much lol just kidding. I may Actually make it tomorrow I'm so excited I could hug a bottle of sprite. Very Happy
TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

ideas for mondays - Page 2 Empty LInks to Battle companies

Post  Nate Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:53 pm

I found a whole bunch of the lists you guys are talking about already done so maybe we can just tweak them? I play Nick I just can't make Mondays because of a conflict with my career aspirations. Don't worry shuga I'll come when I can and you can get your fix. I never knew anyone to have such a bad addiction to getting their @$$ whomped on a weekly basis.
TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:41 pm

I didn't make the corsair list, I found it and it was made for the old rules not the one's we use. You guys do what you want. I just don't care enough to argue anymore. You bring what you want and my 17 goblins will swarm you anyway. Oh and last I remember Nate "I" won our last encounter. What happened to your horses? Oh yeah, it got windy......
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:11 pm

There are a bunch of these lists already done and I sent the link to Jimbo and we will see what he thinks. If you want we can talk about it over milk and cookies, hopefully that will improve your blood sugar enough to have an objective conversation without male bravado and moodiness causing a judgement lapse that only argues rather than being constructive. I will see if I can print the lists and bring them in and see what you think.
TTFN
Nate

ps If you really don't care about generating updated fair and balanced lists Y pray tell do you keep posting?
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:18 am

Lord Jimbo wrote:i'm thinking we take away mounted troops from the reinforcement table. horses can be purchased instead but we limit it to models who can use them in their war gear and open that up to all warriors

I don't know if this was still an issue but FYI some armies are extremely dependent on horses and need those promotions to stay competitive.

TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 pm

true i think we dropped that idea any way. i was more suggesting it to free up some space on the reinforcement table.

in my opinion mounted warriors even 1 or two with the knockdown bonus and extra attack can really make the game lopsided but it equals out. i thought it should be available as a promotion not a reinforcement.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:04 pm

But if almost everyone get's them it balances.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2