The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars

5 posters

Go down

Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars Empty Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars

Post  Nate Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm

A new map based campaign will be starting in the next couple weeks at Comix Zone Monday nights. The winner of the campaign recieves a $50 gift certificate to Comix Zone and the respect of the vanquished. Details will be updated to this site soon or inquire with Mike or Nate regarding times and rules. It incorporates each of the Lord of the Rings gaming systems and the starting army needs to be a pure 2000pt army of any chosen faction, yes that means the Forgotten Realms too (unless it becomes too cheesy for other gamers to stand against the army.) In addition your army will be accompanied by a dragon, those without a dragon will be provided with one (or a suitable stand in.) No need to factor in the dragon with your points simply build your army and be aware that your list is allowed to change from week to week but not your faction. Questions, comments, gripes, complaints, gross typos please respond accordingly.

TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars

Post  Keebler Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 pm

What the heck are you talking about, no one respects the person who beats them! These arent chivalrous knights of the realm nate these are down and dirty true blood gamers. They dont want respect they want CARNAGE! And as the eternal pessimist I'm still going to point out that the people who would already play this already show up on monday. But yes on to Crazy Achmeds House of Discount Dragon's Campaign. Buy one dragon get one dragon half off.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars Empty Dear eternal pessimist

Post  Nate Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm

It is with a mite of sarcasm that I point out the premise and tone of the post and outline is sarcstic. Everyone playing currently Monday nights at Comix Zone has already been contacted personally regarding their own entrance and interest. I would like to qualify that the post on this site is to drum up interest for other gamers, be they old, new, or only slightly past the sell by date, and afford an additional portal of cantact with the activities monday. Should other gamers show said fleeting curiosity then more details will be given. The point of the Dragon War is to A) encourage crazy combo armies and B) give players a chance to throw one of the most powerful creatures in the game into any army. As stated there are quite a few dragons available for use during the matches assuming gamers do not own any but there is also a list of pre-approved substitute models. Ahkmed's crazy dragon discount fiesta, as the campaign has been jokingly refered, will be the sort of relentless bloodbath in which mighty heroes are unequivically whiped from memory without remorse. Naturally sportsmanship is encouraged and gentlemanly words are completely optional. The reality is that more than a couple of the words not meant to be said on television will probably be tossed about as if they could somehow materialize into a weapon to stab your opponent. One more note--- with the number of people who have viewed these posts I would guess that a small percentage are actually interested in playing Lord of the Rings but for those players ambitious enough to jump into an unwrritten storyline that can take any turn and lead to the victory of any faction I ask only for enthusiasm. Let the group there know that you need models to complete your army and we will attempt to accomodate your needs. If you are deadset on a particular substitute other than a dragon simply reply to this post and submit a 500pt war of the rings substitute force. The basic guidelines are to follow one or both of these rules; make it a monster... make it a single model. Sauron, The Balrog, Gwaihir and 2 Eagles, Two Fell Beasts, 2 Stone Giants, Treebeard and 2 Ents. Just a list of some possibilities... we do however encourage straight up dragon use though and as a side note, all dragons have the ruin spell list at their disposal.
TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 pm

KEEBLER wrote:And as the eternal pessimist I'm still going to point out that the people who would already play this already show up on monday.

You? A Pessimist? And all this time I thought you were bright and fluffy and happy.

Silly elf.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Come on people, play if only for the fact that it will spite me. I've been trying to get people to play for a year now. And Nate, most people read any new post if only to get the red dots off the list.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:39 pm

KEEBLER wrote:Come on people, play if only for the fact that it will spite me. I've been trying to get people to play for a year now. And Nate, most people read any new post if only to get the red dots off the list.

I won't play just to spite you. And I LIKE my little red dots.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:27 am

Gee chuck at your age I figure you'd be over acne by now. Must be all the Nurgle.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars Empty Staying Focussed

Post  Nate Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:36 am

This is an ongoing campaign that is slated to start March 1st. Obviously the core gamers Monday nights are more than likely the only immediately ready crowd but fear not because at any point during the campaign players will have the opportunity to join. If you get tired of hearing the one or two oddball Lord of the Rings players talk about their conquests amidst your other games then now is a good time to show up monday nights (the best night to buy Lord of the Rings models) and shut them up and work your way up to playing against the REAL players, Nick being one such potential.

As a side note to the mighty and revered Papa Nurgle, if I am not getting you mixed up with another person I believe we had a conversation about a Hobbit army. If this is still your ambition to collect then by all means enter and cover all the lands with smoke from pipe weed.

TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 am

I was told that a hobbit army was not possible...

Can I really raise the Shire?
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:00 am

Nates breaking a core rule for this and allowing the Forgotten Kingdoms as a viable army so yes, raise the shire. Dear god you'll need all of Solomon's gold to actually GET 2000 points of hobbits but its legal.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:23 am

Forgotten Kingdoms?

I require more information.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian Davila Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 am

The Forgotten Kingdoms is an army that you can play as a whole that ranges from hobbits and ents to black numenorians and barrow wights. You could specify on a certain race of the fogotten kingdoms such as the hobbits if you like.
Christian Davila
Christian Davila
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:34 pm

That's correct complete stranger who seems to know a hell of a lot about the game yet has never showed up to actually play it. Question Who is this?
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Oh yeah, Nate that's Christian. Hey Christian, stop talking like you know what your doing and practice bringing a 2,000 point army to a 2,000 point tournament so Nate don't get screwed in points. But yes Papa, The Forgotten Kingdoms is basically everything on the Good side that doesnt fit into the Gondor, Rohan, Elf, or Dwarf armies. Note that while you can take Hobbit warriors there are no Hobbit Heroes. The only hobbit heroes are in the Fellowship, which is a formation you have to take all nine (this means Gandalf) members. Pippin is in the Gondor army and Merry is in the Rohan army. Sam, Frodo, Fatty Bolger, and Paladin Took arent available.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 am

KEEBLER THE LOVER OF GANDALF wrote: The only hobbit heroes are in the Fellowship, which is a formation you have to take all nine (this means Gandalf) members. Pippin is in the Gondor army and Merry is in the Rohan army. Sam, Frodo, Fatty Bolger, and Paladin Took arent available.

I find this unacceptable.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:23 am

Yeah well Tolkien had this nasty habit of including him in the Fellowship and GW likes to stick to the fluff somewhat.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:33 pm

...and GW likes to stick to the fluff somewhat
You mean contractually obligated. Cool
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Dragon Wars Empty Hobbits

Post  Nate Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

I say have fun building the hobbit army and just remember that in the regular Lord of the Rings game Hobbits are more than legal they are lethal with a fantastic numeric advantage in any system they play.
TTFN
Nate
Nate
Nate
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:47 am

Yeah well GW can take liberties in some instances. Like things that aren't discussed in the book they got permission to make it up. Plus they got to choose whether to follow the books OR the movie or both, which changes who needs to get permission from whom.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down