The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Wondering?

2 posters

Go down

Was Wondering? Empty Was Wondering?

Post  Azel RavenWood Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:08 am

I was wondering, is there any chance that in say the Tau's existence...could there be an Etheral that decided to stray away from the Greater Good and Go Rouge? Is that Even Possible?
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Was Wondering? Empty Re: Was Wondering?

Post  GrimsAxe Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Of course it is possible. You just have to twist your interpretation of " For the Greater Good" to match the background you want to have.

For example: The Tau think that Kroot are barbaric for eating flesh, yet enough Etherals saw the benifits of adding Kroot to the Tau army.
What happened to the Etherals that were a posed?
They are represented by the Tau armies that don't use Kroot.

The same are true for humans. At one point those who were in charge thought it was "For the Greater Good" of the country to use human slaves. In time the view point changed. Those for & against were fairly close in number & power that we went to war over it (of course there were other factors too). The winner decided what was "For the Greater Good" of the country from that point on.

If the opposing view point is only a few or it doesn't have a lot of power to force their opinion, then they are stuck with following the majority view or leaving to find others that support their point of view.

Maybe your Etheral is one of the latter.
Maybe he thought chaos could be adapted to serve the Greater Good, or that Orks aren't that bad (or whatever). After being laughed at he went his own way to find others to convince.

Etherals control other Tau through pheromones & the sense of smell. The more Etherals he is around the weaker his control over the Tau will be, but by himself, he can manipulate the behavior of his followers better.

Isolation is a key factor most Cult leaders use to maintain control.

You can do anything you want with 40K fluff if you just word it in a way that makes sense.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:26 am

Ok thank you. The main reason behind this question is that i want to write the backdround story for my Guardsmen, but I want to do it in a way that makes them a Rouge Imperial Guard Group. I also want to in this way find a way of making my backdround story into a Story in the form of my Imperial Guard Group making allies with a Possible Rouge Tau Group and Hiring and threatening a curse on a minor Ork Tribe to make a intercepting group of three diffrent factions that fight for some united cause that I will work into the story.

Also i want to make a horrible Joke.

Imperial Commander: Uh, Mek Dude...can you turn this Lasgun into a Melta Weapon while Keeping it a Lasgun?

Mek Dude: Wa's You's Thinking, O'Corse I Can Do That!!!

*Hours Later*

Mek Dude: Here y'e Go Humie!!!

Imperial Commander: Thank You.

*Imperial Commander Meeting with some Tau Earth Caste Tech Man*

Imperial Commander: Hi, Can you make this Las-Melta Stable?

Tau Tech: I can Try?

*Hours Later*

Tau Tech: Here you go...It's stable...somehow...

Imperial Commander: What do you mean Somehow?

Tau Tech: oh, it will fire your Melta Technology in the form of a Las Round...Without the reloading....and it won't blow up!!!!

Imperial Commander: Ok, Awesome...Thank You.

*Link Aquiring Item Sound*
Imperial Commander has aquired Stable Las-Melta!!!!

I don't know but that abouve tangent amused me.

Background Stories can get expansive can't they?
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:33 am

Ok the Tau/IG connection is easy. The Tau have merchant ships that trade with outside races. (And spread the notion of joining the greater good.)
GW even put out an IG merc unit for use with the Tau in a previous version (3rd Ed. I think)
As source material on your background/story check out the Novel "Rouge Star". (A Rouge Trader travels to a distant Imperial system on the eastern rim only to find the planetary governor has been illegally trading with the Tau for years)

As for the Ork connection your extremely limited. Tau hate the orks. they were one of the first races the Tau encountered, & primarily built their ships to fight them.
You could go with "Ork-like" Kroot (mix Ork body parts with Kroot parts). When Kroot feed on only one type of flesh they tend to take on more of the traits. However, specialized Kroot normally don't work with the Tau.
(Eating Orks is how the Kroot learned how to build spacecraft.)
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:07 pm

GrimsAxe wrote:(Eating Orks is how the Kroot learned how to build spacecraft.)

I wonder what else we could have the Kroot eat to make them stronger.....Ah Ha!!! How about we have the Kroot Eat some flesh off of a Genesteeler....And then the tau will eventually spawn Kroot Baby's!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Anyway, thank you for your input. I will try to make good use of it.
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down