The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Rules

5 posters

Go down

Unofficial Rules Empty Unofficial Rules

Post  GrimsAxe Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Under this topic please submit any "House Rules" or changes to existing rules you would like the club to discuss its inclusion.

(This forum is open for everyone to comment on each others posts... within reason)

Last edited by GrimsAxe on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Rules Empty Re: Unofficial Rules

Post  Christian Davila Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:12 pm

flame throwers, base of model or gun. i think it should be the gun tip.
Christian Davila
Christian Davila
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Rules Empty Change to intact building rules

Post  GrimsAxe Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:35 pm

With the addition of the planetstrike scenery, we will most likely be using the building rules a lot more in normal battles. So I thought it would be best to go over a few ideas.

As they stand in the book intact buildings work like intact vehicles. I'm fine with this except for one small detail.
If ANY models are placed on Parapet (armored roof or balcony) the entire building is treated as open topped (giving a +1 on damage rolls). Suspect

How to improve this is something a few of us have been discussing since the beginning of the club.

Our first idea was to count the parapet as cover or an additional section. Which seemed like a good idea until it was pointed out to us that you can't split units between sections just like you can't split them between vehicles. scratch

So here is a couple of new lines of thinking:
  1. If 50% or more of the embarked unit are on the roof then the building is open topped. If the # of models on the roof is less than 50% then the building is closed top, But the roof only counts as 1 additional firing point. (meaning only 2 models may fire out).

2. Building Upgrade: Armored Parapet - cost? (I just came up with this one)
    Buildings with this upgrade are Not considered open topped when models are on the roof.
    (This would be treated as a "Weapon Upgrade" and removed buy use of a "Weapon Destroyed" result)

Personally I'm liking the second one mostly for the fact it doesn't actually change any rules & opens the floor to more building & scenery Upgrades/Stratagems.
We would have to figure a fair cost system for standard games. And for Planetstrike it would probably be a 1 point stratagem (more points for multiple buildings?). Apocalypse.... Hell just have players decide if its in use before the game. Very Happy
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Der Walküre wrote:flame throwers, base of model or gun. i think it should be the gun tip.

Well for vehicles & Walkers it is the barrel.
However, when you use parts of a standard model that stick out past the base for one thing you open yourself to having to do that for every rule, i.e....
  • Flamer if you measure your shot from the gun barrel then shouldn't you be hit by the flamer if only the gun barrel/arm/wing/tentacle is under the template?
  • You measure from the gun barrel for shooting then would it be ok to declare your model is hit by shots when only your gun barrel/arm/wing/tentacle is sticking around the corner of a building?
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:25 am

I'd suggest for realism that the barrel be used for shooting since the barrel of the gun is roughly where the flame comes from. As for bieng hit well, the gun barrel isn't part of your body (excluding demons and such) and therefor wouldn't hurt you if it were shot. Just a simplified solution in my mind.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:06 am

True but how do you justify extending the reach of your weapon but not allowing that extended reach to also act as a weakness.

As the main rule book states,...
The rule was intended that measurements be taken to & from the base so as to not penalize those who would create dramatic figures
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  High Marshal Jerard Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:09 pm

IN addition to what Grim is saying, you must realize that all he base is, is a representation of the model's minor actions and movements such as kneeling, spreading wings, adjusting gear W/E the case the actual model is only giving you the type of model, and what it is equipped with, it also give you the ability to see them for line of sight as well.
High Marshal Jerard
High Marshal Jerard
Scout

http://Carney17@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Rules Empty An Idea for buildings with Parapets

Post  SLAANESH Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Another possible way to deal with buildings that have a parapet is to count the roof as a different building section. Then if you want a unit to be on the roof, they simple move to the other section (the roof). In this way, you would in essence be able to have 2 units in a single building. The down side to this is when you want the unit on the roof to get out. The unit in the building would have to disembark first, allowing the other unit to move through the building.

If there are 2 units in the building and it is destroyed, the unit inside is place outside the building wreckage and the unit on the roof is placed inside the building wreckage.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:04 am

In that case then yes you would go with the base, if we are going to look at it in that light then I would suggest the base be the target but as with all iffy rules we may just have to come to a group concensus on that rule club wise. I personally just say suck it up go with the gun does not count as the model and the flame comes from the gun not the base.

Feth happens tbh on that.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down