The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A political scavenge hunt

2 posters

Go down

A political scavenge hunt Empty A political scavenge hunt

Post  GrimsAxe Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:21 am

Ok this is going to sound odd, but I am looking for Political Campaign Posters (The Plastic Yard Signs).

... scratch ... Suspect

I know the voting is over. Why in the name of Gork would I want that?

We'll, I made a realization Friday that a lot of the political yard signs have been upgraded into Coroplast®️ (the plastic stuff that looks like corrugated cardboard).

It is weather proof & fairly durable. And I figured it would make a great building material for scenery or other stuff.

The only thing to keep in mind is Coroplast is made from Polyethylene NOT polystyrene like our models...
So you'll need glue that works on polyethylene or melt your seams together.
Hot melt kind of works if you sand & score the surfaces to be glued. But it's not that durable.

SO.....

If your neighborhood still has some of the rigid (corrugated) plastic political signs still around. grab me a couple if you would (just the plastic not the wire).

If this experiment works it will be a new source for free building materials & remove some of the Political fallout from our neighborhoods, that we are left to deal with ever few years. cheers

Here are some of the signs I know are the right kind:
Dan Maffei
Fright Nights @ the Fair
Sheriff Joe Price
Judge Bertrand
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

A political scavenge hunt Empty Re: A political scavenge hunt

Post  Azel RavenWood Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:03 am

GrimsAxe wrote:Ok this is going to sound odd, but I am looking for Political Campaign Posters (The Plastic Yard Signs).

... scratch ... Suspect

I know the voting is over. Why in the name of Gork would I want that?

We'll, I made a realization Friday that a lot of the political yard signs have been upgraded into Coroplast®️ (the plastic stuff that looks like corrugated cardboard).

It is weather proof & fairly durable. And I figured it would make a great building material for scenery or other stuff.

The only thing to keep in mind is Coroplast is made from Polyethylene NOT polystyrene like our models...
So you'll need glue that works on polyethylene or melt your seams together.
Hot melt kind of works if you sand & score the surfaces to be glued. But it's not that durable.

SO.....

If your neighborhood still has some of the rigid (corrugated) plastic political signs still around. grab me a couple if you would (just the plastic not the wire).

If this experiment works it will be a new source for free building materials & remove some of the Political fallout from our neighborhoods, that we are left to deal with ever few years. cheers

Here are some of the signs I know are the right kind:
Dan Maffei
Fright Nights @ the Fair
Sheriff Joe Price
Judge Bertrand

Halafreakingloulya!!!!!!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum