The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting League!

2 posters

Go down

Painting League! Empty Painting League!

Post  SLAANESH Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I just set up a Fantasy Painting Escalation League. If there is interest I will set one up for 40K for all those working on new armies. Take a look in the Events Forum for more info.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Painting League! Empty Re: Painting League!

Post  Keebler Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:42 pm

I would be interested but I have one snag. I haven't read any Eldar fluff in the codex, rule book, or on-line article where an individual squad is named. I know marines and guard have squad numbers and orks have all sorts of funky names ending in Boyz but are there any example of Eldar squad names?
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:33 am

If you look at any of the battle reports you will often find that the guys will name their squads.

Ex. "Blades of Khaine" for Banshee's
or "Maltanse Troop" for Harly's

Just a couple I came up with of the top of my head. It is more about giving a sense of personality to your army. It help make it your own as opposed to just saying this is my unit of guardian's.

And just imagine this. You are playing a game and you Banshee Exarch is going to swing away at a squad of Ultramarines. You could simply say "my Banshee Exarch attacks with 3 attacks at strength 5" or you could say "Exarch Nartash of the Blades of Khaine swings her weapon in a mighty arc and cuts down 3 of the blue armored Mon'kei" I personaly like the second.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down