The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to start a Campaign. Who would be interested.

+5
Keebler
Warboss Grimtooth
Commissar Eric
Papa Nurgle
Brian_Horton
9 posters

Go down

I want to start a Campaign.  Who would be interested. Empty I want to start a Campaign. Who would be interested.

Post  Brian_Horton Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm

I was thinking of doing a once a month campaign that would run for the year. This would be where you see your opponent for the month; you set a time and date to do the battle and report result to help shape the world. I thought that this could be like a little homespun like Lucky 13 battle. Most games being between 1500 and 2000 points. A fun campaign. At the end of the year one huge Mega Battle to sum it all up. What do people think? It is just in the idea stage at this moment but I know most of us enjoyed campaign games before.

LMK

Horton
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

I want to start a Campaign.  Who would be interested. Empty Re: I want to start a Campaign. Who would be interested.

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Brian_Horton wrote:I was thinking of doing a once a month campaign that would run for the year. This would be where you see your opponent for the month; you set a time and date to do the battle and report result to help shape the world. I thought that this could be like a little homespun like Lucky 13 battle. Most games being between 1500 and 2000 points. A fun campaign. At the end of the year one huge Mega Battle to sum it all up. What do people think? It is just in the idea stage at this moment but I know most of us enjoyed campaign games before.

LMK

Horton

It's a great idea...but as we found out with the 13's people lose interest. I think a year long is too long. Perhaps if it ran with "mini" campaigns involved, then it might be good. Overall, it's a great idea. I just think the time frame is too long.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

I want to start a Campaign.  Who would be interested. Empty Re: I want to start a Campaign. Who would be interested.

Post  Brian_Horton Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:37 pm

OK so like a three month thing maybe with 2 opponents a month?

Maybe map based so we can set up for other campaigns to spawn off of?

Just throwing more thought out there.

Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Brian_Horton wrote:OK so like a three month thing maybe with 2 opponents a month?

Maybe map based so we can set up for other campaigns to spawn off of?

Just throwing more thought out there.

Perhaps a rotating participation? A Map based something or other seems like a fantastic place to start.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:45 pm

I will try and write up some ideas and talk it over with you on Thursday at the store or by conversation before then. But please anyone chime in cause I can use all the help I can get.

Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Commissar Eric Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:19 pm

I would love a campaign. As to the type it doesnt really matter, I like campaigns and it will give me a reason to stop being lazy and get to modleing, painting, and allow me polish off the bassi's again.
Commissar Eric
Commissar Eric
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:57 pm

Commissar Eric wrote:I would love a campaign. As to the type it doesnt really matter, I like campaigns and it will give me a reason to stop being lazy and get to modleing, painting, and allow me polish off the bassi's again.

I really love your basilisk list they are so much fun.

Horton
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Grimtooth Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:05 pm

I love a good campaign. I actually just finished up one with some of my friends. I will be away on vacation starting this friday but as this is still in the planning stages I should be back in time to get involved and help out as well if needed.

Chris
Warboss Grimtooth
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

https://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm

I enjoy campaigns too. Maybe something that doesnt involve me and eric fighting for the umpteenth time.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Commissar Eric Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Brian_Horton wrote:

I really love your basilisk list they are so much fun.

Horton
Me to, I like a standard IG list with bassi's, heavy weapons, and lots of infantry men. I have them specfically saved for campaigns and mega battles. Its a lot more fun to play. On standard days its alot to carry, set up, and put away thats my only grevince with it.

Also why not go for round what now 5,000 keebler.lol
Commissar Eric
Commissar Eric
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  FarseerTarak Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:17 am

I would be willing to buy the planetary empires kit for the campaign horton. It would give ppl a thing to work at as far as claiming territory and all that with bonuses.
FarseerTarak
FarseerTarak
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 am

That sounds really fun, i have never played a campaign before, but it was something that interested me a lot.
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 am

FarseerTarak wrote:I would be willing to buy the planetary empires kit for the campaign horton. It would give ppl a thing to work at as far as claiming territory and all that with bonuses.

I was going to get one. I think that once I do (I think comix zone stocks it) I will read it and see how that helps inspire me. I also think I may order the Hive tile that is direct only.

Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  The Man with No Name Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:21 am

I think a campaign would be good as I have lost the feel for 40k at the moment. This may be what would help me get the desire to play back. Planning these is not my forte so whatever you guys come up with will be fine I'm sure.
The Man with No Name
The Man with No Name
Arbitor

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:57 am

I have been taying with the idea of using galactic empires. I know I will be doing a Fantasy one using mighty empires and adding stuff from the general compendium. For 40k much of what is in the compendium can be used, just needs to be adjusted for 40k.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum