The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAY DAY APOCALYPSE TOURNAMENT

+9
Papa Nurgle
sikosgprez
The Man with No Name
Azel RavenWood
GrimsAxe
shilek jalan
mentalkombat
Firemission
Brian_Horton
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MAY DAY APOCALYPSE TOURNAMENT Empty MAY DAY APOCALYPSE TOURNAMENT

Post  Brian_Horton Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Where: Comix Zone

Time: Event: May Day Apocalypse Tournament by The O-Zone Gaming Club

Date: Saturday May 1, 2010

Entry: $15 per Team

Time: 11 am (Start Time) Registration 10 am -10:45 am

Structure: 5000 point Apocalypse Tournament Trusted Allies Only

Prizes: Store Credit

Rules: Bring a 5000 team Apocalypse Force with Trusted Allies Only (meaning the team total can be 5000 points. Example: Tim has 2300 points of Space Marines and Bill has 2200 points of Imperial Guard and Jim has 500 points of Space Marines.) Teams may consist of no more than THREE (3) players. There is a limit of 1 Super Heavy or Gargantuan Creature and a limit of 1 item out of Imperial Armor Books. This is a single round tournament. There will be a mission objectives and victory points to decide game winner. Overall tournament winner will be decided by number of victory and bonus point achieved. There will be 7 turns for the game. All-non Vehicles may control an objective. Space is limited. Scenario will be available at the store and online for preview on April 15, 2010.

The international FAQ will be used at this event.
For Apocalypse
http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/inat/INATAPPv1.0.pdf

For 40K FAQ
http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/inat/INATFAQv3.3.pdf

Last edited by Brian_Horton on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

MAY DAY APOCALYPSE TOURNAMENT Empty Re: MAY DAY APOCALYPSE TOURNAMENT

Post  Firemission Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Sounds cool. What if you have 5000 points of your own stuff? hehe. Well I am not scheduled to work that day so I hope to be there. Who would be interested in being my partner with the Iron Warriors?
Firemission
Firemission
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  mentalkombat Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 pm

I have about 1800 of both Eldar and Nids. ANyone need a partner or two Razz?
mentalkombat
mentalkombat
Trooper

https://www.facebook.com/wrong.url

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Firemission wrote:Sounds cool. What if you have 5000 points of your own stuff? hehe. Well I am not scheduled to work that day so I hope to be there. Who would be interested in being my partner with the Iron Warriors?

Yes you yourself can be a team.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

MAY DAY APOCALYPSE TOURNAMENT Empty This tourney

Post  shilek jalan Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Greetings,

This sounds like such an amazing idea! Whoever thought this up deserves to be bought a round of guiness/roasted red peppers/something of that nature!

Will there be more information about how this is going to work? For example, how long will the event last? How in the name of The Gods is Mike going to decide who wins this? If there is only one round, does that not mean that there could be a lot of winners? How will this work with the new edition of 40K? Is this going to be a serious chease-to the max tourney or is this for fun? Are people really going to be allowed to bring nonsense like Warlord or Reaver or Warhound titans? Are we going to be allowed to use strategic assets? How many different armies will be allowed?

Is this just going to be battle points, or will there be composition, sportsmanship and painting? I know it sounds obvious, but I like to be sure about these things.

This looks awesome, comrades, but I think there are questions to be fully, clearly explained first who some people might get very upset during the tourney when they find out about things "you can have a Warlord titan!?? What?!!??" for example.

I will look forward to finding out more about this and will be trying more hardest (most likely to come). To whoever runs the registration, I now declare that I am going to come.

Courage and Honour

ps....just checking, so I could be my own team, right?
shilek jalan
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:43 pm

shilek jalan wrote:Will there be more information about how this is going to work? For example, how long will the event last?

Good Question. I have a few of my own.
Like is it sides or a free for all? (Each team for its self)
If sides how do you determine which team won.

If the Game is 7 turns how long is each turn per Team? (Even if each team only gets 30 min. to Move, Shoot, & Assault 5000 points for their turn, thats 1 hour for every 2 teams to finish 1 turn. Therefore 4-6 teams would complete a turn every 2-3 hours?)
--OR--
Do All teams Move, Shoot & Assault at once to cut down on Time?
(ie: "Everyone has 15min to move starting... Now.... Stop! Everyone, Shooting ... Fire...etc.)?
--Or--
some other method?

Are you allowed to shoot into combat your team is not involved in?

What about assaulting a close combat your team is not involved in, Who is Charged?

Does setup follow 40k rules or Apoc rules? (Roll-off vs. Time bid)

How are prizes awarded? (Cash, Store credit, specific product)?
If a multi-player team wins, if not cash how is the prize divided?

inquiring minds want to know.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:43 am

mentalkombat wrote:I have about 1800 of both Eldar and Nids. ANyone need a partner or two Razz?

Nick, we already have a team....i mean you, someone we know playing one of your armys and me.....all i need to do is get to 1400 points...which means A. i buy a baneblade!!!! or B. i pick up 287 points by may first! I think i can go with choice B lol!!!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  mentalkombat Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:38 am

Rules: Bring a 5000 team Apocalypse Force with Trusted Allies Only (meaning the team total can be 5000 points.

Jared, I realize but I'm not sure I can pair my nids with Imperial Guard. I can with Eldar, but that's only because Eldar choose to for the greater good, and then turn around and stab their "allies" in the back. Nids, unless I can get a Eldar/Nid codex don....I just realized I'm out of town that day. It won't matter.
mentalkombat
mentalkombat
Trooper

https://www.facebook.com/wrong.url

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:53 am

mentalkombat wrote:
Rules: Bring a 5000 team Apocalypse Force with Trusted Allies Only (meaning the team total can be 5000 points.

Jared, I realize but I'm not sure I can pair my nids with Imperial Guard. I can with Eldar, but that's only because Eldar choose to for the greater good, and then turn around and stab their "allies" in the back. Nids, unless I can get a Eldar/Nid codex don....I just realized I'm out of town that day. It won't matter.

Ah, ok nevermind then lol Smile
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Firemission Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Wasn't there a FAQ that they fixed Epidemeus? Sorry if I miss spelled. lol I was told they fixed him a little bit after the last mega battle he was used in.
Firemission
Firemission
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 pm

shilek jalan wrote:

For example, how long will the event last?
Until the end of everyone's turn 7 or 8pm which ever comes first.

shilek jalan wrote:How in the name of The Gods is Mike going to decide who wins this?
There will be a total for overall victory points along with mission objectives. In the event of a tie prizes will be split accordingly.

How will this work with the new edition of 40K?
shilek jalan wrote:

For example, how long will the event last?
Until the end of everyone's turn 7 or 8pm which ever comes first.

shilek jalan wrote:
Is this going to be a serious chease-to the max tourney or is this for fun?
I assume you will see a mix but most people bring the cheese at this level of points.

shilek jalan wrote:
Are people really going to be allowed to bring nonsense like Warlord or Reaver or Warhound titans?
It is up to the person. They can, but must have the model.
shilek jalan wrote:
Are we going to be allowed to use strategic assets?
As per the Apocalypse rules.

shilek jalan wrote: How many different armies will be allowed?
There is a limit of a potential 3 different armies on a team.

shilek jalan wrote: Is this just going to be battle points, or will there be composition, sportsmanship and painting? I know it sounds obvious, but I like to be sure about these things.
The victory is by Victory Points and Objective ONLY.

GrimsAxe wrote:Like is it sides or a free for all? (Each team for its self){
There will be up to 6 tables of Team vs Team. For a total of 12 teams maximum. Not a free for all.

GrimsAxe wrote:If the Game is 7 turns how long is each turn per Team? (Even if each team only gets 30 min. to Move, Shoot, & Assault 5000 points for their turn, thats 1 hour for every 2 teams to finish 1 turn. Therefore 4-6 teams would complete a turn every 2-3 hours?)
--OR--
Do All teams Move, Shoot & Assault at once to cut down on Time?
(ie: "Everyone has 15min to move starting... Now.... Stop! Everyone, Shooting ... Fire...etc.)?
--Or--
some other method?

The time limit is the total amount of time for the tournament. If someone is clearly taking too much time then they can alert the judge and it will be moved along. It is like a regular 40K game in that each team haas equal amount of turns.

GrimsAxe wrote:
Are you allowed to shoot into combat your team is not involved in?

NO

GrimsAxe wrote:
Does setup follow 40k rules or Apoc rules? (Roll-off vs. Time bid)

Time Bid

GrimsAxe wrote:How are prizes awarded? (Cash, Store credit, specific product)?
If a multi-player team wins, if not cash how is the prize divided?

As it says it is store credit. If a multi player person team wins it is awarded to the Team in a split amongst them.

Firestorm wrote: Wasn't there a FAQ that they fixed Epidemeus? Sorry if I miss spelled. lol I was told they fixed him a little bit after the last mega battle he was used in.

Actually the FAQ made him worse and it just made sense to limit him to not being there that day.

If there are any other questions please ask. Mike @CZ will have the sign up sheet on 4-15.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

MAY DAY APOCALYPSE TOURNAMENT Empty The Apocalypse Tournament

Post  shilek jalan Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Greetings,

I wanted to tell you, Horton, so you know now: I definitely will not be coming to this tournament. It could be very awesome to see if someone really paid the $1000 or so for a Reaver or Warlord Titan model, but I think I would be a whole lot less interested in playing against one. I wish good luck and good games to everyone who goes though!

Courage and Honour
shilek jalan
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 pm

shilek jalan wrote:Greetings,

I wanted to tell you, Horton, so you know now: I definitely will not be coming to this tournament. It could be very awesome to see if someone really paid the $1000 or so for a Reaver or Warlord Titan model, but I think I would be a whole lot less interested in playing against one. I wish good luck and good games to everyone who goes though!

Courage and Honour

I am fairly positive that there will not be any there, but thanks for the interest.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 pm

shilek jalan wrote:It could be very awesome to see if someone really paid the $1000 or so for a Reaver or Warlord Titan model, but I think I would be a whole lot less interested in playing against one....

Only once has Reaver Titan shown up. (It was last May for the 1st battle of the Lucky 13's Campaign)
But, we do have a Warhound, a Stompa, a Plague Tower, & the occasional Gargantuan Daemon or Nid that will show up from time to time.

You can see most of them (including the Reaver) in the Gallery

Here

(Best to go reverse order)
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 pm

GrimsAxe wrote:
shilek jalan wrote:It could be very awesome to see if someone really paid the $1000 or so for a Reaver or Warlord Titan model, but I think I would be a whole lot less interested in playing against one....

Only once has Reaver Titan shown up. (It was last May for the 1st battle of the Lucky 13's Campaign)
But, we do have a Warhound, a Stompa, a Plague Tower, & the occasional Gargantuan Daemon or Nid that will show up from time to time.

You can see most of them (including the Reaver) in the Gallery

Here

(Best to go reverse order)

What the hecks a Reaver Titan?
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:27 am

Firemission wrote:Wasn't there a FAQ that they fixed Epidemeus? Sorry if I miss spelled. lol I was told they fixed him a little bit after the last mega battle he was used in.

There is a general fix in Imperial Armor Apocalypse Vol. 2 (which isn't much better)

Range of Special Abilities: Certain models have abilities that are decreibed as affecting "the whole armiy, the whole table , etc." or having unlimited range intended for use for non-Apocalypse games... In this case the Max range of "unlimited" attacks and powers is instead counted as being 72" from the model...

This is still unbalancing for Epidemeus in this case. Many of our game are never large enough for it to make a difference.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Man with No Name Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:29 am

Apocalypse is all about bringing the cheese isn't it?
The Man with No Name
The Man with No Name
Arbitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:15 pm

The Man with No Name wrote:Apocalypse is all about bringing the cheese isn't it?

In many ways it can be, but it can also be just about fielding some stuff you never get around to.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  sikosgprez Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Just curious, and I don't want to stir any agitation, but why is everyone so scared to face super heavys? They are not even close to indestructible. Let's use the infamous Warhound Titan for example. Its costs 750pts and, although has some powerful weaponry, has inferior armor ( F14 S13 R12) to a Land Raider. For 690pts you can bring 3 devastator squads with 12 Lascannons. I personally own a titan, have fielded and play-tested it enough to insure that it cannot withstand that type of punishment. 2 void shields (AV 12) and 3 structure points simply isn't enough. I understand that almost nobody has enough Lascannons on their own to field that many, but guys, this is why teams are being allowed. How epic would you feel if you and your buddies teamed up and destroyed a Titan and wiped out almost all the surrounding units? I guess what I am trying to say is, don't let something silly like a super heavy discourage you from participating in an epic event that allows us all to participate and enjoy a version of our favorite game. Altouugh this post probably deserves its own thread, I chose to post it here because as I stated before, my intentions are not to cause a stir on our wonderful forums... Just my 2 cents Cool
sikosgprez
sikosgprez
Inquisitor

http://www.myspace.com/sikosgprez

Back to top Go down

Post  Firemission Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:15 pm

I agree with you 100% they are fun to use but they don't or break your a army. Now I am making the 2500 point titan with my friend at the moment. Fear him! just dont get with in 36 inchs of him so I can shoot you >> lol
Firemission
Firemission
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:02 am

sikosgprez wrote: I understand that almost nobody has enough Lascannons on their own to field that many

Out of curiosity...how many Lascannons whould that take?
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 pm

sikosgprez wrote:Just curious, and I don't want to stir any agitation, but why is everyone so scared to face super heavys? They are not even close to indestructible. Let's use the infamous Warhound Titan for example. Its costs 750pts and, although has some powerful weaponry, has inferior armor ( F14 S13 R12) to a Land Raider. For 690pts you can bring 3 devastator squads with 12 Lascannons. I personally own a titan, have fielded and play-tested it enough to insure that it cannot withstand that type of punishment. 2 void shields (AV 12) and 3 structure points simply isn't enough. I understand that almost nobody has enough Lascannons on their own to field that many, but guys, this is why teams are being allowed. How epic would you feel if you and your buddies teamed up and destroyed a Titan and wiped out almost all the surrounding units? I guess what I am trying to say is, don't let something silly like a super heavy discourage you from participating in an epic event that allows us all to participate and enjoy a version of our favorite game. Altouugh this post probably deserves its own thread, I chose to post it here because as I stated before, my intentions are not to cause a stir on our wonderful forums... Just my 2 cents Cool

I agree with you. I took down a Stompa with Land Speeders with Typhoons. I've seen Baneblades go down to regular units too. I had my Plague Tower die to the Railguns of the Tau.

So really. Anything is possible.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Papa Nurgle wrote:I agree with you. I took down a Stompa with Land Speeders with Typhoons. I've seen Baneblades go down to regular units too. I had my Plague Tower die to the Railguns of the Tau.

So really. Anything is possible.

You've had the Plague Tower go down from Eldar Firewarriors.

When it first came out, We did a number of missions of the Stompa vs. Any 1000 point army (500 point in Reserve!) it ended up about 50/50.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Brian_Horton wrote:If there are any other questions please ask. Mike @CZ will have the sign up sheet on 4-15.

Clarification as of 4/15: Do NOT ask Mike questions regarding this!

He has flat out stated that anyone asking questions will be directed to Horton.
He will be far to busy with Free comic day.
He was even unaware of any signup sheet.
(I suggest declaring your intent on playing here, or telling Horton directly just to guarantee your spot)

A extensive fan-based FAQ is available @ Comix Zone that Horton has decided will be legal for this event for your use. Just ask at the counter to see it & return it after use.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Epidemius is now allowed.

Thank you Chuck.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran