The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Decide!!

3 posters

Go down

Can't Decide!! Empty Can't Decide!!

Post  FarseerTarak Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:31 am

So after some thinking on the car ride home tonight and this evenings game i decided to keep my Traitor Guard to their fluff and Limit the Tanks in it. That Said i Have a ton of tanks and possibly a super heavy coming for christmas. So i've been thinking of making a Armor Company (Loyalist) using Either the Valhallans or Steel Legion. I would like to use death korps but they are a little pricy though the steel legion and valhallan squad are both 35 a piece which isn't bad since cadians and catachans are 22 for 10 man squads and i still have a ton of sprues for the optional weapons. I like both armies for the World war kinda feel.
FarseerTarak
FarseerTarak
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Can't Decide!! Empty Re: Can't Decide!!

Post  Papa Nurgle Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:38 am

FarseerTarak wrote:So after some thinking on the car ride home tonight and this evenings game i decided to keep my Traitor Guard to their fluff and Limit the Tanks in it. That Said i Have a ton of tanks and possibly a super heavy coming for christmas. So i've been thinking of making a Armor Company (Loyalist) using Either the Valhallans or Steel Legion. I would like to use death korps but they are a little pricy though the steel legion and valhallan squad are both 35 a piece which isn't bad since cadians and catachans are 22 for 10 man squads and i still have a ton of sprues for the optional weapons. I like both armies for the World war kinda feel.

Let me start by saying it's good to see you back. I'm glad to see that you are keeping the traitor guard to their fluff...however, you could always expand on your own personal fluff and add some tanks in my opinion.

I do like the look of the DK and the Steel Legion...they just look SWEET.

Anyhow, it's good to have you back.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  FarseerTarak Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:57 am

Thanks Chuck, I wanted to come back sooner but needed to make sure I passed my classes. The game i played tonight was very much needed. I Know i could expand fluff but i need a new GW legal(sorry my Kroot) army to play for tourneys or mega battles. I like having the option of playing either side and I am a guardsmen at heart.
FarseerTarak
FarseerTarak
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 am

FarseerTarak wrote:Thanks Chuck, I wanted to come back sooner but needed to make sure I passed my classes. The game i played tonight was very much needed. I Know i could expand fluff but i need a new GW legal(sorry my Kroot) army to play for tourneys or mega battles. I like having the option of playing either side and I am a guardsmen at heart.

I understand that. That is what I do with the Relictors. I try to stay to their fluff, but I still run them legal for Tournaments. For all intent purposes, they are Space Marines. I just make substitutions. Glad to hear that you passed your classes.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:05 am

I like fluffy elves drunken Sticking to fluff can be dangerous though. When I first started building my army I was going to use a lot of guardians. Then I played my first game and found out what happens to guardians No So I get around this by lying to myself and saying that it's ok to use aspect warriors in my army because if anyone would have them in the CraftWorld it would be Eldrad. So I agree with The Name Giver (a.k.a. Papa Nurgle)
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum