The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to fantasy

2 posters

Go down

New to fantasy Empty New to fantasy

Post  NecronJay Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Hello to all players,

I am very interested in learning fantasy and know the army I want but I need help in learning my tactics and what models I will want and to what point level I should buy to, I also intend to take my time and LEARN to paint them beautifully once I have it down. My goal is to buy only the models I would ever max want to use. I am always willing to play a game with anyone but DO NOT have the models yet and would be willing to use my necrons or something else as stand-ins. I have a movement tray for my main core unit that my heroes/lords will join and a second core unit tray. I can make a few more movement trays but only after I figure out what else I will be using. Thank you in advance and I look forward to seeing you on Fridays or any other night of the week.
NecronJay
NecronJay
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

New to fantasy Empty Re: New to fantasy

Post  Christian Davila Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:06 pm

i can help, i will play bretonians when i get the chance and depending on the army its definateley going to change your tactics. If you wanna play tomb kings, then its like an ork army in forty-k, you have archers and swordsman and seige units and cavalry. Or if you wanna play chaos warriors, they dont have any ranged units exept marauders and are like khorne, they get 4 attacks and do shitloads of damage.
Christian Davila
Christian Davila
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  NecronJay Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:12 pm

I want Ogres.

I want something different from Necrons so that I can spice up my games and learn to be a better player overall, I am a one army kind of player, yes I own some Orcs but have no plans to buy more of them.

I am mainly looking for "fun" games where my units are "invisible" to your human eye unit I find what works for me and what I like and want for my army, then I will buy those pieces and paint them with my new painting skills that I have also learned from now until then.

Thanks for the suggestions however and sorry if I was unclear with my first post.
NecronJay
NecronJay
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian Davila Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:16 pm

no prob dude i just wanted to help a bit. cool army though.
Christian Davila
Christian Davila
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down