The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of use.

+10
SLAANESH
Company Master Steenrod
Brian_Horton
Azel RavenWood
GrimsAxe
Warboss Grimtooth
Papa Nurgle
The Man with No Name
ChaplainDom
Keebler
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lack of use. Empty Lack of use.

Post  Keebler Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Chuck and I were commenting on the general lack of use these boards have witnessed over the last few months. Other than the random comment or what not no one seems to be coming here any more. I find it hard to believe that no one has anything to say to anyone on these boards any more lol. I'm proposing a save the O-Zone Boards campaign.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Lack of use. Empty Re: Lack of use.

Post  ChaplainDom Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:41 am

Yes I agree, seeing as how I just joined and it would be sad if it just died soon after! Then again it could be that vindicator I was using today that is silencing the boards...it did manage to pin Eldrad Twisted Evil
ChaplainDom
ChaplainDom
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:07 am

He wasn't pinned, he was just letting the rest of the army get some action in before he walked over and cleaved the devastator in half.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Man with No Name Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Isn't just the boards. General lack of interest in the club seems to be apparent also. Just look at the last raffle. Prize seemed considerably smaller than the first one.
The Man with No Name
The Man with No Name
Arbitor

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaplainDom Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:54 pm

haha this is true, he did walk over and kinda tore a new one into the Vindicator. Such a fun game though! You guys host raffles??
ChaplainDom
ChaplainDom
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 pm

We did one same time last year and the winner got around $400 i think, this year the winner got $70.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaplainDom Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Oh wow! the raffle sounds like it was great...now it seems to have diminished, how do we get more support for the raffle? Just more people pitching in on it?
ChaplainDom
ChaplainDom
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:19 pm

It was 1 ticket for $2 or 3 for $5. But there was just a general lack of interest in it this year. I think the lack of interest has been because there hasn't been any unifying event or something to make people come together. Every once in a while someone will do a campaign or something but not everyone is interested or it dies off or something. We had the biggest club support back when we did Lucky 13 a few years back. If we want interest in the club then we need something of that caliber.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:49 pm

I would like to point out that there are a couple things going on. First...there does seem to be a diminished interest in the club. However, we are working on getting it back on track. This is our "slow season" when a lot of folks are off at school. I think I chose a bad month to do a raffle in as well. Our first raffle was in May and the grand prize was almost $400 in store credit. In October, the prize was $70. Overall, people have more going on in October...costumes, parties, candy...whatever. So people can't spend as much. There are a few of us planning club events....there will be a club tournament in December. It will be unlike any tournament you have seen before.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaplainDom Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Nice! I have to say I do like seeing things I have never seen before!

But in seriousness I am looking forward to learn more about this tournament! Must prepare and paint!
ChaplainDom
ChaplainDom
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Grimtooth Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Papa Nurgle wrote:I would like to point out that there are a couple things going on. First...there does seem to be a diminished interest in the club. However, we are working on getting it back on track. This is our "slow season" when a lot of folks are off at school. I think I chose a bad month to do a raffle in as well. Our first raffle was in May and the grand prize was almost $400 in store credit. In October, the prize was $70. Overall, people have more going on in October...costumes, parties, candy...whatever. So people can't spend as much. There are a few of us planning club events....there will be a club tournament in December. It will be unlike any tournament you have seen before.

This is indeed a busy time of year, at least for me. I know I have not been up at the store as much for events but I do go when I can. I also read the boards at least once a day, every day. As far as the raffle goes, I knew about it but wasn't prepared to do this time what I did last. LOL Perhaps when the next raffle comes along things will be different. Now I am curious to see what December will bring as well!!
Warboss Grimtooth
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

https://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 am

Don't forget, We're also slated to run Tanksgiving for Mike this year unless things have changed.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Papa Nurgle wrote:I would like to point out that there are a couple things going on. First...there does seem to be a diminished interest in the club. However, we are working on getting it back on track. This is our "slow season" when a lot of folks are off at school. I think I chose a bad month to do a raffle in as well. Our first raffle was in May and the grand prize was almost $400 in store credit. In October, the prize was $70. Overall, people have more going on in October...costumes, parties, candy...whatever. So people can't spend as much. There are a few of us planning club events....there will be a club tournament in December. It will be unlike any tournament you have seen before.

That sound pretty cool...and the whole thing....if i drove.....which i have to work on.....i would probebly be their more then i can....heck i have not played warhammer 40k in a while the last time happened to be last week at the mall.....which did not get far and i don't care to play at the mall for warhammer all that much......people their do not seem as friendly as you guys!!!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 pm

I can say this has been a busy time for me. Don't forget the holidays are upcoming and that is a busy time as well for everyone. I can say the best way too drive interest is to play more games on game nights. Not playing games shows a lack of interest in games.

Horton

Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Company Master Steenrod Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Brian_Horton wrote:I can say this has been a busy time for me. Don't forget the holidays are upcoming and that is a busy time as well for everyone. I can say the best way too drive interest is to play more games on game nights. Not playing games shows a lack of interest in games.

Horton

HERE HERE!!! i for one am an avid gamer and it kinda disappoints me wen the only veterans of the club i see play r chuck n miller n thats only in tournaments... personally it saddens me... CHUCK!!! BRING BACK THE STOOGES!!! cmon guys we all gotta pitch in and bring the game to new heights!!!
Company Master Steenrod
Company Master Steenrod
Fire warrior

http://www.myspace.com/bishnukka

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm

This is a busy time of year, but that has not deterred me yet. I am running 2 differnat campaigns right now. One for Fantasy and one for 40K. They are both in a playtest stage right now, to get things ironed out. Once I have the rules all balanced I will put the rules up for all. Each will basicaly run themselves, all that will be needed is basic book keeping to be done. Terrain for the store is a high priority. I bet if we can get some seriously good terraign made it will re-invigorate us.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Catwoman Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Brian_Horton wrote:I can say this has been a busy time for me. Don't forget the holidays are upcoming and that is a busy time as well for everyone. I can say the best way too drive interest is to play more games on game nights. Not playing games shows a lack of interest in games.

Horton

i agree totally,
seriously this is the truth through my eyes, not intended on making anyone mad... i just hope ppl in general can stop with all the drama before ppl really stop caring about anything.
ppl always go and just sit there eat, add commentary even tho they arent playing anything.. 40K night is like open game nights now to. no one respects that its SUPPOSED to be 40K not extra games or anything else... i say if ur not playing just keep ur mouth shut... dont like it then leave... seriously tho too many ppl come to the store to stand there or sit there and bother the ones who r playing 40k. if ur trying to learn about armies and what they do ((like me)) that more understandable, but half the ppl there that dont play 40K try to act like they r mike or greg.. those 2 have a say, others dont.

everyone has like 2 separate teams so to speak. one group gangs up on the other for having fun. and the other one just gets pissed... so its a huge circle of drama... maybe get ppl to stop trying to run the store. and actually play 40K and maybe ppl would respect them more.
Catwoman
Catwoman
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Cat you and I on on the same page there. Playing the games is why we are suppose to be a club. A gaming club, not a sit around and be an a@# to each other club. I hope the DE release gets some interest back in playing 40k not just talking about it.

Horton

Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:59 am

The Man with No Name wrote:Isn't just the boards. General lack of interest in the club seems to be apparent also...

Although there is a Marked drop in the number of people both on the board & playing at the store, I am greatly pleased that it is a DRASTIC improvement compared to this time last year!

Last year, the board was so dead that Chuck seriously asked me if we should shut it down.
Only 3 people came to the store for Tanksgiving. Thursdays were like slow Tuesdays & Tuesdays were non-existent! Mike was asking me if the club had quit almost weekly.

If you compare that to now:
Jerard is running a successful campaign, while building Excellent new Terrain for us, (BTW if you want help with any of it. Grab me any Tues or Thurs your working on it & tell me what you want done) & on top of that he field tests a new "Movie like" rule set that INSTANTLY generates more interest than I think he new what to do with, & those who tried it can be found proclaiming how fun it was to everyone they meet.

There are also the 2 Campaigns Slaanesh mentioned, Jay M's racing game league and fairly regular Tournaments.

Not too shabby in comparison.
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Catwoman Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 am

GrimsAxe wrote:
The Man with No Name wrote:Isn't just the boards. General lack of interest in the club seems to be apparent also...

Although there is a Marked drop in the number of people both on the board & playing at the store, I am greatly pleased that it is a DRASTIC improvement compared to this time last year!

Last year, the board was so dead that Chuck seriously asked me if we should shut it down.
Only 3 people came to the store for Tanksgiving. Thursdays were like slow Tuesdays & Tuesdays were non-existent! Mike was asking me if the club had quit almost weekly.

If you compare that to now:
Jerard is running a successful campaign, while building Excellent new Terrain for us, (BTW if you want help with any of it. Grab me any Tues or Thurs your working on it & tell me what you want done) & on top of that he field tests a new "Movie like" rule set that INSTANTLY generates more interest than I think he new what to do with, & those who tried it can be found proclaiming how fun it was to everyone they meet.

There are also the 2 Campaigns Slaanesh mentioned, Jay M's racing game league and fairly regular Tournaments.

Not too shabby in comparison.

I think everyone should do something for jay for putting all that terrain together..... just a thought!
Catwoman
Catwoman
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Catwoman Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 am

Brian_Horton wrote:Cat you and I on on the same page there. Playing the games is why we are suppose to be a club. A gaming club, not a sit around and be an a@# to each other club. I hope the DE release gets some interest back in playing 40k not just talking about it.

Horton

ty for understanding horton! but i honestly have to say its gone too far... alot of ppl have told me they r thinking about just going to ppls houses... ppl trying to do stupid stuff... and its not right.. and soon as you say it to their face they get all upset. LOL but anyways. i HOOOOOOOOOPE the drama ends!
Catwoman
Catwoman
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaplainDom Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Yes I agree with you both! Even though I just got back onto the gaming scene I would like it to be devoid of any and all Drama! Lord knows that I have had enough drama outside of gaming to last me two years on a desert island! I play Warhammer and 40k! Not real world Warhammer/40k!
ChaplainDom
ChaplainDom
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Man with No Name Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Hard to get a game in when by the time you get to the store it's standing room only. Games get a bit boring when everyone plays the same army with very little variation. Hearing arguments over the rules when all you need to do is read the books that we all have gets old. These are a few of the reasons that for the last few months I have lost all interest in 40k. Speaking just for myself, it is going to take something totally different to get me sparked enough to get the army out again.
The Man with No Name
The Man with No Name
Arbitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Am I naive or oblivious because I'm not really seeing any drama. Miller yells at me some times but I deserve that.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  The Man with No Name Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:11 pm

It's there. Won't go into it here but it's there.
The Man with No Name
The Man with No Name
Arbitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum