The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paint Consistency

4 posters

Go down

Paint Consistency Empty Paint Consistency

Post  Keebler Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:39 am

As I mentioned to some I'm planning on re-painting my Eldar Warlock Purple. I tested my pot on a Walker leg and found that the paint doesn't so much paint on as smear on. What it's doing is as I'm running the brush along the model where ever the brush goes it sweeps the paint aside so there's small "tracks" where the brush was. Most yellows seem to do this as well. Watering it down will make it too thin I think and will need 2 or 3 coats. As it is it took me 2 1/2 hours to do one walker leg. Any advice? Maybe it's just my pot hopefully. I like this color but I'm not going to go through all of this on a bunch of vehicles and will simply change colors.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Paint Consistency Empty Re: Paint Consistency

Post  GrimsAxe Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:47 am

Here is a good "How to," on thinning paint & maintaining good coverage from Reaper Miniatures.

The Craft
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:11 am

Personally I would coat with Foundation of Hormagaunt Purple then apply the warlock.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:15 pm

Like the yellows Warlock Purple is a color that lacks opacity. Because of this you will have to use multiple layers to get a consistent color, unless you use white as a base coat. I don't like how it comes out with white base coat. The color gets a kinda overly bright effect with a white base coat. Warlock Purple is just one of those colors that you have to do extra work with if you want to use it.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Yeah, I started at 11:00am and just stopped painting and all I accomplished was the other leg and the some of the chasis but there's still a lot of model to go. I like the color but dear god is it worth giving up doing anything else for the next month to re-do all my tanks? lol
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:44 pm

I have ways that may help, and a color from a diff paint line that can be used as a good base coat. I will be at the Zone Tues. thru Fri. evenings. If you have a chance stop in and I can make some suggestions that are easier to show you than try and do it here.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Kay. I'll be there Thursday hopefully with a completed walker so you can see what it is im trying to do and help from there.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum