The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm thinking about starting daemons

+6
Brian_Horton
Papa Nurgle
SLAANESH
Keebler
shilek jalan
Dark Apostle Bailey
10 posters

Go down

I'm thinking about starting daemons Empty I'm thinking about starting daemons

Post  Dark Apostle Bailey Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 pm

i've looked through the codex and i'm thinking about starting daemons, but unfortunately i only have 20 bloodletters and 3 daemon princes, if anyone plays daemons and wants to help out, it would be greatly appreciated, i just wanna test run a list and see how much i like them
Dark Apostle Bailey
Dark Apostle Bailey
Hurd/Skaven

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking about starting daemons Empty Re: I'm thinking about starting daemons

Post  Dark Apostle Bailey Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:01 pm

i'm thinking about running just straight khorne and tzeentch
Dark Apostle Bailey
Dark Apostle Bailey
Hurd/Skaven

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking about starting daemons Empty ....Thinking about starting Daemons

Post  shilek jalan Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Greetings,

If you want advice on the Daemon army, then I know a lot about them. To put things the simplest, here is what you do: combined arms. That means use different units to achieve different goals (like Horrors, Plaguebearers, Bloodletters and Daemon Princes).

One big problem with the army is that it cannot be done in plastic unless you are very, very clever about model swaps, conversions and the like. The army is very cool as well, although for competitiveness it is a bit lacking (I am thinking of Ardboyz and any other tournament, which means about the same).

Best thing to do is read the codex a few times, especially the history section and then decide. The main question to ask yourself is: do you want this army just to win games, or do you care about the rest of the hobby? That will influence what you buy by a huge factor. Hope this helps,

Courage and Honour,
Ave Imperator
shilek jalan
Trooper

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking about starting daemons Empty Re: I'm thinking about starting daemons

Post  Keebler Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:22 pm

I think you should play Eldar. I happen to know a guy.....
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:07 pm

I have a whole bunch of deamons you can borrow to try differant things out. Tzeench and Korne make a decent combination. The deamons are tricky due to the fact that the army was not written to accomidate us crazy folk who want to do a single god, so you really have to diversify.

With your combination you will at times find yourself feeling like paper tigers. It is nice to have at least one unit of plague bearers to use as objective grabbers. They are tough to get rid of.

As far as the army being competitive, that is a matter of learning your army. They can be a bit tough to use. You generaly have to be overly aggressive with them. Get right in the mix fast, you will loose some models when you arrive but what you have left wants to get into close combat as soon as possible.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:41 pm

I hear that there is aa Nurgle player somewhere...
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:25 pm

I have daemons that are available to use if you want as well. Between Chuck, Brian and myself I thin you have the gambit of just about everything available other than Furries.

Horton
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:24 am

Did someone mention Furries?! I'm in! Yeah chuck I one heard that there was a Nurgle player somewhere. Ran nurglings a lot. I wonder what ever happened to that mysterious sexy man. But Bailey if you get into it I have extra Rogue Demon trophies (doesn't everyone) that mike has in the case. Can be converted easily into a Prince or something.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Apostle Bailey Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:31 am

well now since i tried out nurgle, i really like plaguebearers and i like bloodletters so i think i might do nurgle and khorne, i really like the bloodcrushers, they are just beastly, and keebler if you could let me use one of those it would be greatly appreciated
thank you all to responding, all these opinions i'm taking in
Dark Apostle Bailey
Dark Apostle Bailey
Hurd/Skaven

Back to top Go down

Post  Shymari Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:37 pm

I like Daemons, I think they're pretty nifty Wink
But I also like a lot of other things so I think my opinion will be null Razz
I likes eldar too even if people make fun of them a lot tehehe
-I know I'm actually on weird stuff right!?!-
Shymari
Shymari
Hurd/Skaven

http://immortal-lucy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:54 pm

I don't know who you think you are but it seems like your moving in on my turf. I'm the quirky odd Eldar player 'round here and there ain't enough tolerance for more than that. Mad Bat
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Headless Calgar Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Keebler wrote:I don't know who you think you are but it seems like your moving in on my turf. I'm the quirky odd Eldar player 'round here and there ain't enough tolerance for more than that. Mad Bat

You leave her alone!!!! She has a right to like Eldar!!!! She's just as feminine as you!!!!!

lol!
Headless Calgar
Headless Calgar
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Keebler wrote:Did someone mention Furries?!

Horton's response:

I'm thinking about starting daemons File?id=dddvpgrn_40gjkj82d4_b
GrimsAxe
GrimsAxe
High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:59 am

Shymari wrote:I like Daemons, I think they're pretty nifty Wink
But I also like a lot of other things so I think my opinion will be null Razz
I likes eldar too even if people make fun of them a lot tehehe
-I know I'm actually on weird stuff right!?!-

Hey stranger. Good seeing you.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am

No ones more feminine than me! And I'll not leave alone anyone I want alone...wait... scratch NO ONE IS FREE FROM KEEBLER!!! Eat the cookies, and the punch....EAT 'EM!!

Last edited by Keebler on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  FarseerTarak Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:54 am

Hey good to see ya back there Bage------(no must repress German tendencies) Hey Shy! Well all i can say about Daemons besides they Dead Killy is-----GO CHAOS!!!!
FarseerTarak
FarseerTarak
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Easy there Keebler. Don't make me lock you back in your tree.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Well that depends on who you lock me in the tree with. Hey Papa Wink
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 pm

If you don't start behaving yourself, I will lock you in the tree all by your self.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Crying or Very sad
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down