The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Legion and the Black Templars

3 posters

Go down

Stone Legion and the Black Templars Empty Stone Legion and the Black Templars

Post  High Marshal Jerard Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Stone Legion, their numbers were once untold billions, they were proud, cocky, arrogant and had the skills to back them up. However like all things that wallow in their pride something would put them back into their place.

The Stone Legion comes from the Hells System, a system that is comprised of 2 Forge Worlds of gargantuan proportions; one has the rumor of a time when the primarch Vulcan of the Salamanders had journeyed to gander at such a side, crafting a weapon for one of his elite fighters. These forges produce Huge war machines not only for the Stone Legion but for local as well as neighboring systems. Before you vent to these Forge Worlds you must past though 2 other planets, both are Fortress Worlds. These planets consist of 6 Mega Fortresses, one on each of the planets poles and 4 placed on the equator. Each fortress is in charge of a sector of the planet take recruits from that sector only. the survival of the Forge worlds is so dire that being born in this system gives you 2 career options; "Serve the Emperor, or serve the Forge". No matter which choice you make you still receive basic training.

(view point) Guardsmen- First Lieutenant, Blanten- 2nd Platoon
"A day that will live in Infamy", that was the opening line from our new Commissar, Thomas Gabriel. He was describing the Battle for Hellsgate; It's because of this battle he's here replacing our last Commissar. Now I'm not going to lie, I... was a bit of a frackwhole before I was enlightened by Stompas and Chaos Abominations; I'm also sure this stubborn stuck up attitude ran though this entire Legion. Anyways, all i know is that this battle was nothing like the drills, talks, and book; this... this was real.

The Battle for Hells Gate
The Orks were our enemy today, and we fought in the name of his Holiness; however it would appear we did not fight hard enough.
There were no sign of an attack a first no sight of Orks on the first turn, all I knew at that point was "yay another blasted drill"; Little did we know they had us surrounded. While our turn continued we remained gather a reforming or army and formations at a rather calm pace, It wasn’t till a glance over a newly assigned Commissar, Company Commander, and myself had been summoned to a new designated Headquarters; this just so happened to be a strong fortified bunker. By the time we hiked up to the observatory platform our men had fully been notified this wasn’t a drill and made ranks before I could even blink.
It was on turn 2 when I saw them, huge Ork War Machines, even some looted Russ’s. I knew right there and then we need heavy support, I took control of the super heavies, the Company Officer the communications and the Commissar shouting the word of loyalty. All my tanks three Leman Russes, a loaded Baneblade, and a heavily armored Stormlord slowly began to blast away the Ork Killa Cans and Tanks, however still there was no sign of any green flesh storming our gates.
Turn 3 had rolled around and with the Ork heavies being taken care of for the me time, the men a short ranged Bane Wolfs were getting Annecy I was then I small time of orks piles out of the ground and started attacking anything they could; to bad for them they had unloaded next to two Banewolf who gladly spume out there Chem. Cannons killing the whole squad of orks before they did some real damage.
Turn 4 was one that had truly been unexpected. The Orks had somehow outflanked us, seeming as if they somehow teleported behind our ranks. By this time the Killa Cans had been all but destroyed and the armor on the field had form a back to back formation protecting themselves from rear attacks. Although there was bad news for men on the ground two huge units of Orks had appeared on both side of a squad of guards men and Glory Boys(Storm Troopers)the troopers gave their lives for the hope off saving the 5 man troop of Guardsmen I was truly Heroic. This had caught my attention and I ordered ever tank in the area to blast the 2 squads to kingdom come. By the time I was done giving orders the squad that was trapped by ORKS was now surrounded by a ring of craters and smoke. T hey saw the mean of ork mobility, Teleporters and started their way towards it to capture it. They too had balls and grit. This act from the tanks of focus fire however, Earned them the name “Distant Thunder”.
Finally the War boss showed himself on turn 5 but by then it was to late most of his forced had been blown to bitz. But he was determined to make us feel his pain. Due to the fact that the Baneblade I had order to blast the orks earlier moved to get the shot, now had its rear armor in plain sight to the Ork Boss and his Rocket Boyz. What happened next almost cost us the whole day. The tank went into a melt down due to the huge amount of damage to it’s drive and taking 2 tanks a small squad and wounding the boss himself. I watched knowing that was my error but I know now never to forgive and never turn your back. When the dust settle we had held the orks, but at a price this battle is still not over.

Last edited by High Marshal Jerard on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
High Marshal Jerard
High Marshal Jerard
Scout

http://Carney17@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Stone Legion and the Black Templars Empty Re: Stone Legion and the Black Templars

Post  demonprince101 Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:20 am

nice battle report jay haha and also i saw vulcan in there haha.
demonprince101
demonprince101
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Stone Legion and the Black Templars Empty Re: Stone Legion and the Black Templars

Post  WarMaster Horus Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Go jay woot woot
WarMaster Horus
WarMaster Horus
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down