The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space Marine Shoulder Pads and Decals

4 posters

Go down

Space Marine Shoulder Pads and Decals Empty Space Marine Shoulder Pads and Decals

Post  Keebler Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 pm

HELP!!!! For the life of me I can NOT make the decals lay flat on the pad. It's curved in such a way that a small amount of the decal will still remain folded and raised and I can't smooth it down. Normally I would just use a pre-molded pad but this model has the pads built in. So other than free handing the design what are some ways of making these cursed things lay flat?
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Shoulder Pads and Decals Empty Re: Space Marine Shoulder Pads and Decals

Post  High Marshal Jerard Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Green stuff the symbol onto it it will be easy to paint and raise from the pad a bit.
High Marshal Jerard
High Marshal Jerard
Scout

http://Carney17@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Shoulder Pads and Decals Empty Re: Space Marine Shoulder Pads and Decals

Post  Son Of Russ Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:35 pm

High Marshal Jerard wrote:Green stuff the symbol onto it it will be easy to paint and raise from the pad a bit.

THATS CRAZY TALK
Son Of Russ
Son Of Russ
Arbitor

http://myspace.com/deerkiller8127

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Decals on a curved surface can be difficult but not impossible. If you are just using water to release the decal then it will take some time to work it out. Use a moist brush and keep working the decal with the brush from center of decal out until it finaly lays flat.

If you are interested in something a bit faster, there is a product that is designed for decals. You can prolly find it Walt's. use water to release the decal, then a brush dipped in the Decal Set will be used to lay the decal out. Decal set actually disolves the decal paper and bonds the ink to the surface. I suggest some practice when using the decal set. It can be a little tricky to use.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum