The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse and A Death Strike Missle?

5 posters

Go down

Apocalypse and A Death Strike Missle? Empty Apocalypse and A Death Strike Missle?

Post  Azel RavenWood Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:30 am

I was wondering if GW had made a perticular Apocalypse Data Sheet based around the Deathstrike Missile Launcher with the possible use of a Vortex Warhead.

The only reason why i was wondering this is because the use of a Vortex Warhead is mentioned in the Deathstrike's profile, though it is only used when it is approved by Segmentum Command.

Know i am somewhat assuming that GW has not done this and i am also asking, would anyone want to play an apocalypse game were a Deathstrike Missile Launcher could launch one of these and if so what type of special rules would it have...because i would assume that it would be busted in the 4th degree due to the fact that its a vortex weapon and it would probebly not be pretty.

Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse and A Death Strike Missle? Empty Re: Apocalypse and A Death Strike Missle?

Post  dswanick Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:57 am

Well, after a quick skim of all of the IA/Apoc books I have on the shelf, I couldn't find a datasheet for a Deathstrike with a Vortex missile. I'll do a little deeper research today to see if I can find anything.

That said, I don't think it would be very difficult to come up with a home-brew datasheet and it wouldn't even be broken. The Warlord Titan on Pg.124 of the Apocalypse rulebook has the option of taking up to two Vortex missiles and a Deathstrike is a significantly less resilient platform for that ordnance.
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse and A Death Strike Missle? Empty Re: Apocalypse and A Death Strike Missle?

Post  sental Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 am

sental
sental
Hurd/Skaven

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Grimtooth Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 pm

That could be a fun game.
Warboss Grimtooth
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

https://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Horton Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:04 am

I would be up for a fun game.
Brian_Horton
Brian_Horton
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:11 am

YES!!! Thank you Sental, this makes me happy.

When it comes to the idea of making a game like this i would be down to do it, Though i would probebly ask any of you guys for ideas and concepts.

Heck one idea is a last stand or a systimatic withdraw from a planet. Heck i remember the first time i play with the group, it was an apocelypse fight between a massive amount of tyranids and Inperial Forces.
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  dswanick Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:29 am

Ask an ye shall receive...
I've been talking with Brian about starting a regularly scheduled Apocalypse game and we've managed to bang out most of the kinks. I wasn't going to say anything until this weekend but keep your eyes peeled for forthcoming information later today. When the info goes up, be sure to talk to everyone you know about joining in, we need all the bodies we can muster.
Here's a preview of the Apocalypse table we will be using for the forthcoming Intrroduction to Apocalypse game I'm planning:
DaBoyZ GT Apocalypse 2010

Hmmm...for those of you whom the link doesn't work :
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/media/set/?set=a.2490609827970.274554.1334476514&type=3

Last edited by dswanick on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  dswanick Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 pm

As promised, here are the details of the upcoming event.
http://www.o-zonelair.com/t1010-intro-to-apocalypse#6050
dswanick
dswanick
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Cool, the only downsize is that the link does not work to see the table.
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down