The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Mine Eyes have rested upon Titan & it has Burned My Soul

Go down

Mine Eyes have rested upon Titan & it has Burned My Soul

Post  GrimsAxe on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:52 am

Ok so I stopped in and saw the new Grey Knights Codex, Unfortunately the Dread Knight did not arrive in Mike's Black Box by accident. (It's being shipped)

The Inquisition lives on & In full Technicolor! ALL # Departments of the Inquisition are represented & Both Wargear & Henchmen allow you to design them as Purists Or Radical
That's Right Chuck, you can equip them with Deamon Swords and w/Deamonhost Henchman! Twisted Evil

Henchman Unit (3-12 models) does not take up a Force Org slot

Coteaz does make Henchman units into Troops choices.

Jokaero slightly better the Grots but enhance the Henchman unit they are in. D6 roll +1 for each additional Jokaero in unit.
1-decoration only, 6-roll twice (no repeats abilities) 2-5 Not sure of order but, improve armor save by 1, Gain 5+ Invul Sv, Shooting gains Rending, & I forgot the last 2.

Here are some Lesser known items to watch out for:

Rad Grenades - Reduces the Toughness of enemies in assault by 1 (Yes this DOES affect the Insta-Kill point)
Strength enhancing GK Psychic power are Cumulative with each other!
Hammerhand adds +1 to Str BEFORE other Modifiers (like powerfists)
Psybolt & Psyflame ammo - +1 to str of weapon (including Assault Cannons, Auto Cannons & Flamestorm Cannon)
Servo Skulls - act as Descent of Angels for you & Deep Strike Disrupters for enemy with in 12"
Psychopo... Um.. Hallucinogen grenades - Enemy in assault Roll D6 for effect, giving you things such as Free hits, Reroll wounds, Enemy Init 1, enemy fights themselves.

Throne of Judgement Inquisitor is In & he can Orbital Strike FREINDLIES w/No deviation! Shocked

Oh and of course the Dread Knight has 4 wounds, Toughness 6, 2+Sv, 5+Inv Sv, Deep Strikes & can be given the personal Teleporter (30" jump once per game)

That is just a taste.

High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mine Eyes have rested upon Titan & it has Burned My Soul

Post  Papa Nurgle on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:57 am

Oh my precious daemonhosts! This is a good day.

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:26 am

Wait so let me get this straight, the Gray Knights codex now also holds the witch hunters?
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Azel RavenWood wrote:Wait so let me get this straight, the Gray Knights codex now also holds the witch hunters?

Thereis some Witch hunter stuff in there...arco-flagellents, Inquisitor Karamozov, and the Banishers bear a striking resemblence to Sisters Repentia...but there is nothing SPECIFICALLY Sisters. There are rules for 3 diffferent Inquisitors...Hereticus, Malleus, and Xenos.

The Crusader, a henchman from the Witch Hunters codex is also available as a henchman. Coteaz allows Henchman to be taken as troops. So you could run Coteaz with 6 units of Crusaders in Chimeras. That would be 72 Crusaders with power weapons and storm shields driving across the board.

Draigo, at 275 pts is also a beating stick. He makes Paladins troop choices...as well as rolling D3 at the beginning of the game. He can then give abilities to that many OTHER units...one ability makes that unit a scoring unit.

One of the funnest things I saw...the Warp Stabilization Field...available to vehicles. This allows the vehicle to be affected by the Psychic power Summoning. A psyker may "summon" one unit to him. It arrives withing 6" of him.

"I need a land raider. STAT." *POOF*

Good times.

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Nice, on another note though, does this mean that the wifchhunter codex is now unusable or can it be used?
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:53 pm

Azel RavenWood wrote:Nice, on another note though, does this mean that the wifchhunter codex is now unusable or can it be used?

The witchhunter codex is still available on the GW site so it can still be used. The Daemonhunters Codex is a thing of the past. LONG LIVE THE DH!

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:20 am

Azel RavenWood wrote:Nice, on another note though, does this mean that the witchhunter codex is now unusable or can it be used?

The Witchhunters Codex is "currently" the ONLY source for a Sisters of Battle army.

Most likely when it is revamped you will see the same thing happen. The Codex will be renamed, "Sisters of Battle" and focus on their background & connection with the Ecclesiarch (Imperial Church)

More Characters, (of course) most likely a return of a few from the 2nd Edition "Sisters of Battle" codex.
Such As:
• Redemptor Kyrinov, Arch-Confessor (NOT to be confused with Karamazov - Inquisitor in the Throne)
Kyrinov looks like the Pope with a Giant Holy Mace (He's Yarrick for the Imperial Ecclesiarch)
or Uriah Jacobus - Protector of the Faith (A Psycho Missionary determined to convert the depths of space)

There is also: Saint Praxedes of Ophelia, Prioress Helena the Virtuous, Cardinal Armandus Helfire and thats not mentioning those who have been mentioned in the 40k Novels
(Like the Graphic novel... Name escapes me... where the last survivor of Order of Sisters, is invisible to Daemons and almost immortal. Her fellow Sisters were turned into an icon like play-thing of a Greater Daemon, but their souls bonded and granted her the power to avenge them)

The Inquisition will of course be included, but representing all 3 departments. The same way as in the GK codex.

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:31 am

Ok, so either way i could play an Inquisitor army, a sisters of battle army and a gray knight army.....and a church like Yarrick.....yikes, that would be interesting to fight against.....Yarrik and "Said person" VS. THE WORLD.......yes they can summon steam rollers!!!!!
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Azel RavenWood wrote:Ok, so either way i could play an Inquisitor army, a sisters of battle army and a gray knight army.....and a church like Yarrick.....yikes,........

I'm doubt the Ecclesiarch characters will run a separate army. More likely they will be extra HQs for the Sisters.

However....

I thought the Inquisition would form the second army in the book drawing on the Ecclesiarchal forces for extra flavor, but you pose an interesting idea. (and probably better in business terms)
If you think about it, the way the Inquisition has been set up in the GK book It is only one Character that lets you turn it into an Inquisition army.

So keep the regular Inquisitor HQ choice in the book & give the Ecclesiarch, Holy followers/henchmen like the Inquisitors & one Named Ecclesiarch character the ability to form a Imperial Cult army or even an Adeptus Arbites (Imperial Police - think Judge Dredd) army

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:57 pm

GrimsAxe wrote:
Azel RavenWood wrote:Ok, so either way i could play an Inquisitor army, a sisters of battle army and a gray knight army.....and a church like Yarrick.....yikes,........

I'm doubt the Ecclesiarch characters will run a separate army. More likely they will be extra HQs for the Sisters.

However....

I thought the Inquisition would form the second army in the book drawing on the Ecclesiarchal forces for extra flavor, but you pose an interesting idea. (and probably better in business terms)
If you think about it, the way the Inquisition has been set up in the GK book It is only one Character that lets you turn it into an Inquisition army.

So keep the regular Inquisitor HQ choice in the book & give the Ecclesiarch, Holy followers/henchmen like the Inquisitors & one Named Ecclesiarch character the ability to form a Imperial Cult army or even an Adeptus Arbites (Imperial Police - think Judge Dredd) army

I AM THE LAW!!!!!! PEARPARE TO BE JUDGED BY THE IMMORTAL GOD EMPOROR!!!!!!

lol Smile

Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:26 am

BOO GREY KNIGHTS! lemme see that Codex ... study ...BOO GREY KNIGHTS!

Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Keebler wrote:BOO GREY KNIGHTS! lemme see that Codex ... study ...BOO GREY KNIGHTS!

KEEBLER!!!! Hi, how are you?
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Headless Calgar on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Headless Calgar
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Headless Calgar wrote:Enough of this Monkey Business! <= Shocked

This is the only response!!!

Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaplainDom on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I must be in hobby heaven...People who actually like the Grey Knights book for model/army potential and dont complain about it or Matt Ward! Seriously all I read on Warseer is complaints!

Anywho...enough with the rant and superiority of this site. Is it possible with the Henchmen to build a Inquisitorial Stormtrooper force?? Question
ChaplainDom
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:23 am

ChaplainDom wrote:Anywho...enough with the rant and superiority of this site. Is it possible with the Henchmen to build a Inquisitorial Stormtrooper force?? Question

For all intense purposes, Yes.
Although, there are No "Stormtroopers" in the new codex.

For each Inquisitor in your army (HQ choice) you can choose up to one "Inquisitorial Henchman Warband" (3-12 models) as an Elites choice.
However, if you take Inquisitor Coteaz (Torquemada), he also lets you take Inquisitorial Henchman Warbands as Troop choices.

A Warband is 3-12 models (in any combination) from the following list:
Arco-Flagellant - WS:5 Str:5 A:4 FnP, CCW
Banisher - Aura of Faith, PE(Daemons) upgrade to Eviserator
Crusader - WS:4 Power Weap & Storm Shield
Daemonhost - Str & T:4 Warp Shield, Daemonic Power, 1CCW
Death Cult Assassin - WS:5 Str:4 I:6 A:2 Uncanny Reflexes, 2 Power Weap
Inq Servitor - upgrade Servo-arm to HB, M-Melta or Plasma Cannon
Jokaero Weaponsmith - WS:1 Customisation, Ingenuity, Defence Orbs, DIGITAL Weap
Mystic - Psyschic Beacon
Psyker - Psychic Barrage
Warrior Acolyte - Laspistol & Chainsword upgrade to Boltgun, Storm bolter, Hot-shot Lasgun, Melta bombs, Carapace armor, Power armor (3 may upgrade to Regular or Combi- flame/melta/plasma, Power Sword, Plasma pistol, Storm Shield, Power Fist)

Warbands may choose from ANY of the Dedicated transports

So as you can see the Warrior Acolyte is your closest match to the Stormtrooper (but oh so better)
And the Crusader is nice for Close Combat
If your sticking with the "Human" style the Servitors add some fire power, but nothing like the Jokaero Digital weapons (Per turn choose to fire as a H Flamer, Multi Melta or Lascannon) not to mention the upgrade roll they give to the rest of the unit. (improved range,better armor sv, Rending ammo, Invul Sv)

The Inquisitorial Army is Very Much alive & well! Twisted Evil

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:28 am

GrimsAxe wrote:
ChaplainDom wrote:Anywho...enough with the rant and superiority of this site. Is it possible with the Henchmen to build a Inquisitorial Stormtrooper force?? Question
The Inquisitorial Army is Very Much alive & well! Twisted Evil

Talk about a human/alian beatstuck lol Smile
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum