The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wanted to update everyone on the Ard' Boyz finals!

+2
comixzone
fastcarfreak
6 posters

Go down

Just wanted to update everyone on the Ard' Boyz finals! Empty Just wanted to update everyone on the Ard' Boyz finals!

Post  fastcarfreak Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Got back saturday night from the Final Round of Ard' Boyz that took place in Media, PA. I played daemons of chaos and scored 3 massacres for a total of 68 battle points including objectives, which was enough to secure 1st place. I don't remember who won 2nd place, but 3rd was also won by a Daemons of Chaos player, whom I played in the final round.

My list consisted of Kairos, Skulltaker, The Masque, a unit of plague bearers, a unit of daemonettes and a unit of horrors, a few heralds, units of flamers and a unit of flesh hounds. It was a pretty nasty list.

My First round was played against a dwarf war machine list on the narrow scenario where you play length wise. 2 cannons, 3 organ guns, 2 grudge throwers with pumped strength on both. a couple units of warriors, a unit of hammerers and a unit of iron breakers, some thunderers and some crossbowmen with greatweapons.
During this matchup i was able to get my flamers and flesh hounds around his line to reach his war machines sitting on the hill deep in his deployment zone. He focused most of his fire at kairos, but with a 3+ ward and a reroll every player turn combined with life spells, he was never down to less than 2 wounds and ended the game with full health. I kept my plague bearers and horrors units back while the flamers and dogs and kairos with dwellers did most of the work. When he finally made it to my units he had barely anything left, except a full unit of ironbreakers that made the mistake of chasing after my daemonettes after i broke though his line. That pretty much took them out of the game. The ending result was a dead skulltaker and masque for me, and all but his ironbreakers dead for him.

Scenario 2, i wasn't so sure was going to go the way it did. I played against a horde skaven list: 3 units of 60 slaves, 2 units of 60 clanrats, 2 units of 25 clanrats, a horde unit of plague monks with furnace, gutter runners, HPA, grey seer, engineer, warlord, chieftain, and bsb.
In this matchup, my opponent had the bad luck of getting all of his characters units stuck in his right flank and a couple of units of slaves and an HPA in his left flank, with the rest in the center. On the other hand, all my units were either in my right flank or in the center. Also, a roll of a missfire was rolled to determine distance of sight, causing full viability. The all star of this game was the masque and doom and darkness. Because it took a while for his characters to reach his other units, it made it easy for me to doom and darkness or masque a unit of slaves and then in the following turn declare a charge with kairos, causing a leadership 2 panic test, or I would flamer the units to 25% causing the same effect. I was able to very quickly reduce the number of units on the board, just by making them flee off the board. HPA died to skulltaker and flamers. Dwellers below took out both his general, his engineer a grey seer and a couple of units of clanrats by panic. The game ended with me squeezing out a massacre by about 18xx points.

I personally thought the 3rd scenario was very silly, because once a player entered the tower with a daemon unit, its nearly impossible to extract them. My opponent was also playing daemons. His list consisted of Ku'Gath (great unclean one special character) 2 MOS heralds of tzeench, unit of around 40 horrors, unit of around 40 plaguebearers led by palanquin nurgle herald, 2 units of flamers, and a unit of flesh hounds. He won the roll to get the tower, but didn't realize the unit that gets deployed had to be a 20 or less model core unit (which he didn't have). This gave me the first turn, and the first opportunity to reach the tower. This pretty much was the end of the game, because of how ridiculous it is to get a unit that is unbreakable out of the tower. He threw everything he had at the plaguebearer unit, but with the help of kairos and my shadow lore herald of tzeench, he only managed to get me down to the herald and 3 plague bearers. The game went 7 turns, with kairos dieing to pit of shades on turn 3. If GW was smart, they would have never included this scenario in this tournament. Had it not been the scenario, there may have been a completely different result

I thought my fellow members would like to see syracuse representing at the Ard' Boyz!!!

Adam
fastcarfreak
fastcarfreak
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to update everyone on the Ard' Boyz finals! Empty Re: Just wanted to update everyone on the Ard' Boyz finals!

Post  fastcarfreak Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Oh yeah, this also means that I will be going to Las Vegas for the GT Finals!!!
fastcarfreak
fastcarfreak
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to update everyone on the Ard' Boyz finals! Empty Re: Just wanted to update everyone on the Ard' Boyz finals!

Post  comixzone Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Congrats Adam. Great job!!!

- Mike

Comix Zone Gaming Manager
comixzone.gaming@gmail.com
comixzone
comixzone
Rogue Trader

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Grimtooth Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:25 pm

Wow, congrats and way to go!! Good luck in Vegas!!
Warboss Grimtooth
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

https://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  fastcarfreak Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks guys. I have a long time before Vegas. Hopefully some of the other local guys will win a spot in the nationals at one of the GTs. They said Vegas will be in either June or July of next year, so it gives me a long time to paint, plan, and practice. I also won this crazy elven sword. It is a legit weapon. Maybe I'll bring it to one of local tournaments to show it off. I'm not sure what the prize support is from GW. I actually heard that there was no prize support this year, but when I called to give GW hell about it, apparently they just changed there minds and decided to have it. They just haven't decided what it will be yet. I guess they got a lot of emails and phone calls about it.
fastcarfreak
fastcarfreak
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaplainDom Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 am

Congrats! and good luck in the Nationals! I'm thinking one of these times they have the ard boys I'll join and hopefully join yea in placing 1st! Great Job though! Very Happy
ChaplainDom
ChaplainDom
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Great Job!!! Good luck in Vegas.
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Congrats!
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down