The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOTR League

3 posters

Go down

LOTR League Empty LOTR League

Post  Lord Jimbo Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:58 pm

what would guys think about doing a league. Here are the rules as i see them, tell me what you think and propose changes

Perameters: 350 points (named heroes allowed but no allies.)
Scenario: LOME generated

we will set up a schedule and games will take place on Mondays. i'm thinking two months (8 games) should be enough. Of course i know as well as anybody that people will have to miss a Monday here and there. so if you miss a monday you have until the following monday to make up the game against your opponent. the following monday you must play your scheduled opponent before playing your make up game. if on the following monday you havent made the game up but your opponent was ready to battle it counts as a major loss for the person who missed the original date. the second player must give a the first player the opportunity to make up the game or the first player gets a minor victory but the second player gets no points.

Minor Victory- 2 points
Minor Loss- 1 point
Major Victory- 3 points
Major Loss- 0 points
Home Team: each week there will be a home field advantage. the home team will roll the second dice for scenario. the home team can adjust the dice up or down by 1 or leave it as is. the game will be played until the scenario rules end it. the strict interpretation of the rules should be followed. and it is up to both players to observe and call them if you forget to do somethin move on and play the game from there.

Armies: Armies are 350 points. Allies are not allowed. for games 1-4 you may change the composition of your army but this must be done before rolling scenario. from game 5 on your army must stay the same

Season and Playoffs: when the season ends we will add up the points and meet on a saturday or sunday. a single elimination tournement will follow all. All armies will be elligable. if there are an even number of armies then the top army plays the lowest army and so on. the high ranked army will have home field advantage over the lower one. each round the brackets re-ceeds

let me know what you think and things you would like changed or added. i was thinking if its pretty even good vs evil maybe a mega battle in the middle of it. Nick do you think any body from the other systems would like to try this out.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

LOTR League Empty Re: LOTR League

Post  Keebler Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:40 am

Sorry to sound like A nAy sAyer but i doubt it. They arent a big fan of leagues And wont want to commit to A game they dont play. Theres A big push for fantasy so most people starting a new game Are going that route.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:49 pm

yeah i figured as much, i just thought that you made a valid point about the high point limits. they're fun for us but daunting for possible new comers.

its not that huge a committment if you think about it, its free and there is a option to make up games. well if braden and joe come back and we can get christian to play it may be possible.

well if we defy the odds and any body does express interest let me know. if we can get me, you (nick), ian, bill nate, christian, joe, and bradon that would be 8 and 8 would be a good number. your buddy that is all about the trolls could even do his troll army.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:24 pm

papa nurgle mentioned it to me the other day at work. If we want to showcase lotr to other people then we have to play on tuesday. no one shows up on monday becAuse theirs no reAson for them to do so but tuesdAy is a generAl gAmers gathering day.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Keebler wrote:papa nurgle mentioned it to me the other day at work. If we want to showcase lotr to other people then we have to play on tuesday. no one shows up on monday becAuse theirs no reAson for them to do so but tuesdAy is a generAl gAmers gathering day.

I think showcasing it on Tuesday night is a grand idea.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 pm

i could do that but cant do tuesday and mondays. we should do a siege or something exciting a week from this coming tuesday
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:06 pm

I would propose mini demo games...something to give people a feel for what the game is about and what it has to offer. That's what they were doing at the battle bunker.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 pm

That's why we should stick to 350 pt mission games.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Jimbo Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 am

cool we can hash it out monday then maybe next tuesday we'll play at the store. maybe each bring two 350 point armies if any one wants to try it out.
Lord Jimbo
Lord Jimbo
Servitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down