The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

The Guy From the North

Go down

The Guy From the North

Post  Erebus on Tue May 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Hello,

I was the Tau player at 'ard boyz from Oswego. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a good time.

My life has somewhat settled down recently so I'm hoping to make it down around once a month, at least during the summer.

I'm actually returning to 40K after a long pause, last time I played more than once a year was shortly after 3rd edition came out, and at the moment the only army I have in playable condition is my Tau. However hopfully over the summer I'll be able to dig up and repair my dark angels, necrons and maybe even deamon hunters (yah for old codex armies).

I also have decent sized imperial and chaos Battlefleet Gothic fleets, and even a Blood Bowl team and Necromunda gang (somewhere), and even an ancient Epic Squat army (I miss my space dwarf bikers).

Again, thanks to everyone who made Saturday very enjoyable, and I hope to see you around again.

Doug
Erebus
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Re: The Guy From the North

Post  FarseerTarak on Tue May 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Howdy Doug! I live in fulton and have 2 buddies who live in martville so if you ever want to meet up for a macth if you can't make it to comix just lemme know

FarseerTarak(Nick)
FarseerTarak
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe on Tue May 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Glad to have you aboard!

Don't worry about, "Playable condition" many of us are perfectly happy playing smaller games for getting a refresher on rules or just to try out different units.

There are a small number of us with BFG fleets (I, myself have 3) but as of yet to start up any games.

I remember the Epic army of which you speak. I too have an Epic Ork army and each rule set up to & including Epic Armageddon.

I look forward to seeing you around

High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Erebus on Wed May 19, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks for the welcome. I may well take you up on your offer sometime Nick.

GrimsAxe wrote:Glad to have you aboard!
Don't worry about, "Playable condition" many of us are perfectly happy playing smaller games for getting a refresher on rules or just to try out different units.

There are a small number of us with BFG fleets (I, myself have 3) but as of yet to start up any games.

I remember the Epic army of which you speak. I too have an Epic Ork army and each rule set up to & including Epic Armageddon.

I look forward to seeing you around

To clarify playable condition, my old dark angles army "went missing" (part of why I stopped playing), so what I have left is mostly unassembled, and I got the necrons right before I really stopped, so again, mostly unassembled. Add to that I'm a bit of a painting perfectionist doesn't translate into being good) so I usually try to paint them before I fully assemble the models. Still, I have enough for one army at the moment.

I'd love to get in a game of BFG, so I'll drop you a line sometime over the summer if you're interested.

Ahh, Epic Orks. One of my friends use to play those, great fun and really captured the goofy fun of the orks. I still cringe when I see gutbuster cannons and weirdboyz towers.

Erebus
Erebus
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler on Wed May 19, 2010 4:53 pm

I used to play only painted models and only WYSIWYG but unfortunately codex's change, you want to try things out on the fly and let's face it in most games if you scratch build an army from nothing it would take months to get everything painted (to my standards anyway).

Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Grimtooth on Wed May 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Welcome aboard!! I love 40k but I also play Necromunda and Mordheim as well. So if your in the area and want a game just give a holler!!

Chris
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle on Wed May 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Keebler wrote:(to my standards anyway).

You have standards?

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle on Wed May 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Doug - Great to have you here. It was nice meeting you at 'Ard Boyz...always good to see new faces.

-Chuck

High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum