The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the game....

4 posters

Go down

New to the game.... Empty New to the game....

Post  Jay S Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Hey Everbody,

I am new to warhammer and I was planning on coming in on Friday to play. I have an Orcs and Goblins army and it would be my first time playing. I have been reading the rule book and my army book and feel like I have some what of a grasp on it but I guess baptism by fire would be best.

If anyones interested I'll be in friday.

Thanks!

Jay
Jay S
Jay S
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

New to the game.... Empty So Cool

Post  Gamantra Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 pm

That's awesome, most of the fantasy players get there somewhere between 4:30 and 5:30. We usually take stock of who's there and then pair off into games from there. Most of the guys are really cool about working with newer players and will help you throughout the game ecspecially if they know it's one of your first. I look forward to seeing you friday.

Just a heads up there is also a tournament on Saturday as well. I believe it is free to enter and most of us will be playing in that as well
Gamantra
Gamantra
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

New to the game.... Empty In response

Post  shilek jalan Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Greetings,

I will be there this Friday (that is, tomorrow) during the day. I am still trying to find out when the Fantasy commanders will be there, but I am open to any time really. Although, if you want to play earlier in the day, that would be better because then there is more time to get in a second or third game.

Let me know if you want to play, I am trying to get ready for the tourney on Saturday.

Courage and Honour,
Ave Imperator
shilek jalan
Trooper

Back to top Go down

New to the game.... Empty Re: New to the game....

Post  kbolster12345 Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:31 am

I haven't made it to a week day gaming session in years but I usually make it to a tourney a month. I have been playing a mostly Night Goblin army the last year or two. so I am familiar with the O&G book and strategies. LMK if want to talk about the book at all.

Look forward to seeing you at a tourney.

Kevin
kbolster12345
kbolster12345
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay S Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 am

kbolster12345 wrote:I haven't made it to a week day gaming session in years but I usually make it to a tourney a month. I have been playing a mostly Night Goblin army the last year or two. so I am familiar with the O&G book and strategies. LMK if want to talk about the book at all.

Look forward to seeing you at a tourney.

Kevin

Yeah I would love to talk sometime about the O&G army and strategies. Like I said tonight will be my first game but I think that I am stuck on the green skins already.

See everyone tonight!

Jay
Jay S
Jay S
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Post  kbolster12345 Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:28 pm

What list did you bring and how did you make out?
kbolster12345
kbolster12345
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

New to the game.... Empty List

Post  Jay S Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:19 pm

I brought orcs and goblins and I faired pretty good. It was my first game and I had a lot to learn but I am on my way. I just have to increase my points now!

Thanks to everyone especially Rob!!!

Jay
Jay S
Jay S
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Post  kbolster12345 Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Jay S wrote:I brought orcs and goblins and I faired pretty good. It was my first game and I had a lot to learn but I am on my way. I just have to increase my points now!

Thanks to everyone especially Rob!!!

Jay

What I meant was...

What was in your army roster. How many characters did you take? What where they wquiped with. What core, special, rares did you take?

On that same note what are you planning on adding to the army?

What did your opponet take?
kbolster12345
kbolster12345
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

New to the game.... Empty Roster

Post  Jay S Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:53 pm

I was around 650pts with the following:

Characters:

Night Goblin Big Boss (light Armour, Shield, Hand Weapon) My General
Goblin Shaman (Level 2)
Night Goblin Shaman (Level 2)

Core:

10x Forest Goblin Spider Riders (Spears, Shields)
40x Night Goblins (Spears, 2 fanatics, shields) These were split into two units with the Big Boss and Night Goblin Shaman Leading them
20x Night Goblins (Short Bows, 1 Fanatic, shields) These had the Goblin Shaman leading them

Special:

Spear Chukka

Rare:

Troll

I just bought the Orc Boyz and I would like to add some more calvary probably another Spider Riders unit and a couple Wolf Riders units.
I am going to try and build up the Orc Boyz some more then get a unit of black orcs. I am really interested in the Giant and rock lobber as well.

I played Rob and he was using Lizard men. If I remember correctly he was using the following:

Skink Regiment split I believe with his general in one which was a level 2 wizard
Lizardmen Saurus Cavalry
and 3 Lizardmen Terradon Riders

I think there was something else but I can't remember, it was a while ago.
Jay S
Jay S
Scarab/Nurgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum