The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Armoured Fists?

Go down

Armoured Fists?

Post  Azel RavenWood on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:53 pm

I am asuming that armoured fists was an option in an older imperial guard codex or it is still in use....i am not sure....but it is really cool and interesting to me! Any ideas anyone?
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Re: Armoured Fists?

Post  Christian Davila on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:23 pm

It was allowed in the old codex of IG that 1 squad of armoured fists can be used per platoon. But GW has taken them out of the picture with the new codex for the IG............ However you can still use them as deamonhunters and witchhunters because they run off of older codexes. Actually, about that........ I'd definately ask Mike for an answer considering the army that ran them is no longer using them. Smile
Christian Davila
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  GrimsAxe on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Christian Davila wrote:It was allowed in the old codex of IG that 1 squad of armoured fists can be used per platoon. But GW has taken them out of the picture with the new codex for the IG............
Not true, Armoured Fist squads are VERY much alive & Well in 5th edition IG.
(the term "Armoured Fist" or "Panzerfaust", which was an inexpensive, recoilless German anti-tank weapon of World War II., but GW used the term in reference to the WW2 lightly armoured infantry support vehicle the "Panzer 1" which had simmilar battle capabilities as the Chimera without the transport ability.)

The ONLY differences between an Armoured Fist squad & and an Infantry Squad is that each Armoured Fist squad was a single unit selection. While the Infantry squad had to be taken in Platoons of 2-5 squads.

Additionally an Armoured Fist squad was the ONLY way IG infantry could get a Chimera in 4th edition.

Therefore any 5th Ed. IG Infantry Platoon that has units inside a Chimera is technically using Armoured Fist squads.

High Lord

http://www.o-zonelair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 pm

GrimsAxe wrote:
Christian Davila wrote:It was allowed in the old codex of IG that 1 squad of armoured fists can be used per platoon. But GW has taken them out of the picture with the new codex for the IG............
Not true, Armoured Fist squads are VERY much alive & Well in 5th edition IG.
(the term "Armoured Fist" or "Panzerfaust", which was an inexpensive, recoilless German anti-tank weapon of World War II., but GW used the term in reference to the WW2 lightly armoured infantry support vehicle the "Panzer 1" which had simmilar battle capabilities as the Chimera without the transport ability.)

The ONLY differences between an Armoured Fist squad & and an Infantry Squad is that each Armoured Fist squad was a single unit selection. While the Infantry squad had to be taken in Platoons of 2-5 squads.

Additionally an Armoured Fist squad was the ONLY way IG infantry could get a Chimera in 4th edition.

Therefore any 5th Ed. IG Infantry Platoon that has units inside a Chimera is technically using Armoured Fist squads.

That sounds pretty good lol Smile WW2 Weapons in the future.... ftw!!!!
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum