The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on some things!

+2
Keebler
Azel RavenWood
6 posters

Go down

Thoughts on some things! Empty Thoughts on some things!

Post  Azel RavenWood Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:18 am

Alright i have put off writing these questions for about a week but, there are a couple things i would like to understand about the warhammer 40k universe's backstory?

The first is if the Necrons and Tyrinids were to fight....would not the necrons win due to them being all metal like and that i would think that it would be hard for the tyrinids to try and essentially absorde them!

This leads into the second question of....even though the tyrinids are overly strong....is that not there weakness? I mean they need to feast apon living biomass to keep on living, but if they keep losing fleets ( which i belive is five or more!) arn't they losing more troops then they can produce from the planets that they have devored and if you think about it....would not the hive mind be overextending itself because i would think that it is in a 360 degree warfront with all other biomass around it...thus possibly losing more resorces then he and his army can produce!

That also leads into my third question... don't the necrons, tyrinids and possibly chaos have any renuable resorces to actually front the wars and carnage that they do or even to just survive by themselfs? I mean the tyrinids and the necrons seem to have the same stratagy of consuming others. I mean i could see the necrons being able to consume everything, go to sleep for a couple millenia and then wake up and do it again....but the tyrinid don't seem to have that capability.

I don't know...these are just questions that i have thought of that seem odly relevent cause for the main reason....would not the hive mind have to actually start personally fighting to even win against the forces of the impirium, Tau, eldar and Ork?

I know this is long winded, and if its in the wrong spot...i am sorry!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on some things! Empty Re: Thoughts on some things!

Post  Keebler Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:14 pm

A). Tyranids wouldn't be able to absorb them but they aren't smart enough to realize this and will attempt it anyway. And the hardness of a necron alloy body is represented in it's 3+ save. Metal bends and twists.

B). The hive mind is unfathomable and therefore has no limit. It is as strong as all of the Tyranids ever in existence past present and future. And they rarely run out of biomass as they not only feed on flesh but have organisms that break down the biomass of the actual planet for food as well.

C). Yes.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on some things! Empty Corrections

Post  shilek jalan Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Keebler wrote:A). Tyranids wouldn't be able to absorb them but they aren't smart enough to realize this and will attempt it anyway. And the hardness of a necron alloy body is represented in it's 3+ save. Metal bends and twists.

B). The hive mind is unfathomable and therefore has no limit. It is as strong as all of the Tyranids ever in existence past present and future. And they rarely run out of biomass as they not only feed on flesh but have organisms that break down the biomass of the actual planet for food as well.

C). Yes.

Greetings,

A) Read about the hive mind and one will find out that it is quite smart. The hive mind has outsmarted Marneus Augustus Calgar (hero of the Ultramarines) before many times and he is considered to be one of the greatest Imperial Heroes. So, A is pretty much wrong in implying that the Tyranids (another name for the hive mind in all of its many forms) is not smart.

B) The hive mind absorbs nutrients, not pure material. It cannot eat everything and it would probably be a good guess that there are not a real lot of nutrients in the shells of Necrontyr warriors and other servants of their gods.

C) Chaos functions in many ways like the Imperium. The great leaders of Chaos in general seek not to destroy everything but to remake the universe in their image. That was what Warmaster Horus was going to do before the Heresy went under away: replace the Emperor with himself. I will not reference you to the Jargenesh (I know the spelling is not perfect). It is a daemon beast of the warp that sucks (litterally) fluids and material from one place and ejects it to another place. This is how the breadbaskets of the Chaos forces supply other worlds under their control that are far away.

Just food for thought.

Courage and Honour
shilek jalan
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:35 pm

shilek jalan wrote:
Keebler wrote:A). Tyranids wouldn't be able to absorb them but they aren't smart enough to realize this and will attempt it anyway. And the hardness of a necron alloy body is represented in it's 3+ save. Metal bends and twists.

C). Yes.

Greetings,

A) Read about the hive mind and one will find out that it is quite smart. The hive mind has outsmarted Marneus Augustus Calgar (hero of the Ultramarines) before many times and he is considered to be one of the greatest Imperial Heroes. So, A is pretty much wrong in implying that the Tyranids (another name for the hive mind in all of its many forms) is not smart.

B) The hive mind absorbs nutrients, not pure material. It cannot eat everything and it would probably be a good guess that there are not a real lot of nutrients in the shells of Necrontyr warriors and other servants of their gods.

C) Chaos functions in many ways like the Imperium. The great leaders of Chaos in general seek not to destroy everything but to remake the universe in their image. That was what Warmaster Horus was going to do before the Heresy went under away: replace the Emperor with himself. I will not reference you to the Jargenesh (I know the spelling is not perfect). It is a daemon beast of the warp that sucks (litterally) fluids and material from one place and ejects it to another place. This is how the breadbaskets of the Chaos forces supply other worlds under their control that are far away.

Just food for thought.

Courage and Honour

Alright, that does clear up a couple of things....and if i came off as saying the Hive Mind or the Tyrinids were stupid or weak, i did not mean that. All i am saying is that the amount of tyrinids there are would seem to have at least a limit due to there being only so much biomass in the galexy!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Company Master Steenrod Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:00 pm

i think chuck was referring to the tyranids as in the actual races of tyranids not THE HIVE MIND itself... tyranid "soldiers" for lack of a better word are all simultaneously controled by THE hive mind so basically u both are correct in stateing the exact same thing about the hive mind being unfathomably smart, BUT the tyranid fleets, are basically mindless drone all being told where to go and wut to do by THE HIVE MIND!.....

necrons i really dont know too much about other than they are basically living metal... ive heard stuff like humans can give up there lives and human bodies to become a warrior or something like that... idk just my perspective on it
Company Master Steenrod
Company Master Steenrod
Fire warrior

http://www.myspace.com/bishnukka

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 am

Company Master Steenrod wrote:i think chuck was referring to the tyranids as in the actual races of tyranids not THE HIVE MIND itself... tyranid "soldiers" for lack of a better word are all simultaneously controled by THE hive mind so basically u both are correct in stateing the exact same thing about the hive mind being unfathomably smart, BUT the tyranid fleets, are basically mindless drone all being told where to go and wut to do by THE HIVE MIND!.....

necrons i really dont know too much about other than they are basically living metal... ive heard stuff like humans can give up there lives and human bodies to become a warrior or something like that... idk just my perspective on it

Interesting, necrons seem really interesting!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss Grimtooth Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 am

Company Master Steenrod wrote:i think chuck was referring to the tyranids as in the actual races of tyranids not THE HIVE MIND itself... tyranid "soldiers" for lack of a better word are all simultaneously controled by THE hive mind so basically u both are correct in stateing the exact same thing about the hive mind being unfathomably smart, BUT the tyranid fleets, are basically mindless drone all being told where to go and wut to do by THE HIVE MIND!.....

If I remember the fluff correctly, the Necron homeworld is a very harsh place to live and many of the people there died due to the environment. So these people prayed to their gods, the C'tan, to help them with this environmental problem. The C'tan, being the obviously caring beings that they are, took action. They decided it was better to leave the world the way it was and stripped the populace of their fleshy bodies, giving them metal bodies instead, thus allowing them to survive the harsh conditions of the planet on which they lived. Oh and it also made them live for an extremely long time, which is why they sleep so much, they are very old and easily tired. I hope this helps. Cool
Warboss Grimtooth
Warboss Grimtooth
Guardian

https://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Radman68/

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Warboss Grimtooth wrote:

If I remember the fluff correctly, the Necron homeworld is a very harsh place to live and many of the people there died due to the environment. So these people prayed to their gods, the C'tan, to help them with this environmental problem. The C'tan, being the obviously caring beings that they are, took action. They decided it was better to leave the world the way it was and stripped the populace of their fleshy bodies, giving them metal bodies instead, thus allowing them to survive the harsh conditions of the planet on which they lived. Oh and it also made them live for an extremely long time, which is why they sleep so much, they are very old and easily tired. I hope this helps. Cool

AH old People!!!! Beware they will destroy you lol Smile...thank you, that does help!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  SLAANESH Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:49 pm

One thing to keep in mind about the Tyranids is this. Even when a creature dies, its biomass can be re-assimilated into the hive and used to create new tyranid creatures. They are the ultimate recyclers
SLAANESH
SLAANESH
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down