The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldar???

+4
FarseerTarak
sikosgprez
Keebler
Azel RavenWood
8 posters

Go down

Eldar??? Empty Eldar???

Post  Azel RavenWood Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Ok so my friend just got some dire avangers...and he is wondering how the ability Bladestorm works?
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Eldar??? Empty Re: Eldar???

Post  Keebler Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:32 pm

It sucks, never use Blade Storm trust me. Who wants to get an extra shot with all those guns. Stupid Eldar players! Basically it just adds an extra shot to any shurken weapon in the squad, mainly just the Avenger Shuriken Catapults and a Shuriken pistol if the Exarch has one. So you have 9 avengers and a Exarch with a pistol, normally thats 19 shots (2 per avenger and 1 for the Exarch) Blade Storm makes it 29 shots. But you can't shoot in the next shoot phase so only do it if your going to end up in an extended assault or you need it to wipe a squad or something big out. And every Eldar player should be using 2-3 at least of these bad boyz and Blade Storm is a must. But what do I know?
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  sikosgprez Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 pm

Don used that *$#@&^!(> on me to take out a full squad of Oblitz... Made me very unhappy... Then in the next round they hopped back in their Wave Serpent. I don't play Eldar so I don't know exactly how useful it is againt most armies, but anything that can wipe out a squad with 6 wounds and 2+ saves is pretty badass imo.
sikosgprez
sikosgprez
Inquisitor

http://www.myspace.com/sikosgprez

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:17 pm

People only hate it when it's used against them lol. And Tuesday I'm going to try something strange. A No Psyker list. Thats right people I'm benching Eldrad.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  FarseerTarak Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Lol you feeling o there keebler? No eldrad thats well.....just so un Ulthwe
FarseerTarak
FarseerTarak
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Company Master Steenrod Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 pm

wait... eldar list with no psykers? is that even possible? like can u do that? i didnt even think u could put that combination of words together comprehensibly? dude i think im having a melt-down.......
Company Master Steenrod
Company Master Steenrod
Fire warrior

http://www.myspace.com/bishnukka

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Nurgle Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:29 pm

I think we need an intervention.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Company Master Steenrod Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:44 pm

no man i need my nesquick!!! gaaah i cant kick the ball taday guys!... tomorrow tomorrow ill kick the ball..... AAAAAAH MAN WUT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE!
Company Master Steenrod
Company Master Steenrod
Fire warrior

http://www.myspace.com/bishnukka

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm

I swear I'm OK guys. I know it's been a month since I've actually played 40K (stupid Blood Bowl) but I think it could work.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:29 am

Alright, thank you...my friend will be very excited about that...but i might not lol......hmmm....imperial Gaurd vs. Eldar...hahahaha, just kidding, i do not know how that will go....so thank you again!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCuban Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 am

A no farseer list, its possible. I just read an article on BoLS about a 2 Autarch list, putting everything in reserve and coming out on turn 2 with most of your army (because of that +2 to reserve). Of course the list has to be fast. There's also dual Phoenix Lord lists (usually Karandaras and Jain-Zar).
TheCuban
TheCuban
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Thats where I got the idea from. I'm only running 1 Autarch right now though. I might get one on a jet bike at some point. And if I ever were to go dual Lord I'd go Fuegan and Maugan-Ra because they're equally good at taking out infantry and armor even though I think Jain Zar is by far the most lethal of all the Lords in melee. Karandaras is nice but you have to wait to go at I 1 so he's vulnerable against some things. I just realized he'd be decimated by Blood Angels. All those power weapons and melta's would go right through his armor. Oh and as far as Guard vs Eldar go ask Commisar Eric or Christian how that usually turns out. Razz
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Commissar Eric Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Keebler wrote:Oh and as far as Guard vs Eldar go ask Commisar Eric or Christian how that usually turns out. Razz

You always end up with one model on the field while half my army is still there...... Rolling Eyes
Commissar Eric
Commissar Eric
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCuban Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Keebler wrote:Thats where I got the idea from. I'm only running 1 Autarch right now though. I might get one on a jet bike at some point. And if I ever were to go dual Lord I'd go Fuegan and Maugan-Ra because they're equally good at taking out infantry and armor even though I think Jain Zar is by far the most lethal of all the Lords in melee. Karandaras is nice but you have to wait to go at I 1 so he's vulnerable against some things. I just realized he'd be decimated by Blood Angels. All those power weapons and melta's would go right through his armor. Oh and as far as Guard vs Eldar go ask Commisar Eric or Christian how that usually turns out. Razz

Yeah let me know how that works out, seems good on paper.

Maugan-Ra is a rockstar, literally. Fuegan's ok I just think for what he does you might as well save the points and get an avatar. I do agree with you about Karandaras, but like all eldar you would have to pick your fights. Asurmen is good too but he's so expensive. I do know though that Baharroth is worthless, hahaha.
TheCuban
TheCuban
Stormboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah I'm sure there was a time when Baharroth was good but he's pretty much the only Lord with a Str of 4 (the other being Asurmen) with no real benefit. Maybe he will be better when the codex gets upgraded. The one good thing about Feugan is he can be put in a squad and a vehicle plus he's actually faster than the Avatar.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  sikosgprez Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Commissar Eric wrote:
Keebler wrote:Oh and as far as Guard vs Eldar go ask Commisar Eric or Christian how that usually turns out. Razz

You always end up with one model on the field while half my army is still there...... Rolling Eyes

ROFL!!!
sikosgprez
sikosgprez
Inquisitor

http://www.myspace.com/sikosgprez

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Commissar Eric wrote:

Interesting, but i am pretty sure that one model left would be the avatar of kain....which i know can put up a fight.....lol!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:46 am

Wrong. It was 1 Dire Avenger Exarch. Or as I like to call him "Eric Bane". How many squads did he take out almost single handed in the last game?
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Commissar Eric Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Keebler wrote:Wrong. It was 1 Dire Avenger Exarch. Or as I like to call him "Eric Bane". How many squads did he take out almost single handed in the last game?

a few heavy weapon teams and special weapon teams. Also I think he has that weird Leadership weapon. if you didn't excel in close combat what are Eldar good for Question
Commissar Eric
Commissar Eric
Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:15 am

Better shooting troops than guard that's where. None of that first rank second rank crap lets just make guns that have 2 shots, and lets make them all assault while we're at it.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Keebler wrote:Better shooting troops than guard that's where. None of that first rank second rank crap lets just make guns that have 2 shots, and lets make them all assault while we're at it.

Oi, Lets see how that works against freaking Ograns and missile launcher equiped sentinals!!!!!
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Been there, done that. I'm really hoping to try my non-psyker list next week. Fingers crossed something else doesnt come up.
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Azel RavenWood Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Keebler wrote:Been there, done that. I'm really hoping to try my non-psyker list next week. Fingers crossed something else doesnt come up.

Well i hope that goes well for you Smile
Azel RavenWood
Azel RavenWood
Biker Nob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down