The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Grey Grot
Welcome to the O-Zone Lair.
Please login or register for full access to the site.
The Grey Grot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things to Remember

4 posters

Go down

Things to Remember Empty Things to Remember

Post  Everboards Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:39 am

After having played for the first time in a long time a few things dawned on me.

1- With new armies and new edition rules it's always good to take your time and make sure you exhaust every pausible choice.

-This may slightly annoy your opponent(s) so be sure to play it in a fun/practice game with friends who know your trying to bursh up etc. I did that this evening and learned a few things such as :Orders: Useful and invaluable as a new tool for the infantry. In retrospect had I remembered that I had them not only would i have taken out more enemies and saved more of my own men, I would have stolen the upper hand early on.

2-Take your time.

-I was so busy milling over useless no longer existant rules, that I made critical errors in how I went about thing. Things such as measuring after I declare to shoot etc.

3-Try new things.

-Sometimes you find out very useful future tactics and insight when you play a few non competitive games and test out theories or any ideas you might have been twisitng around in your head.

4- Don't count anything out.

-Always take the time to think about what you might be up against. Preparation is often the one thing that saves your butt, if you think "Oh that won't be something that happens" but atleast prepare for it you save yourself the trouble of kicking yourself in the head when that "It won't happen" scenario does.

Anyways i could go more indepth on the subjects and add more and so on, but I think you all get the idea. Either way I am still pretty rusty so I know I will be playing a good chunk more less competitive practice games before I dive myself headlong into hardcore anything.

Hope this helps and remember it's all fun until someone blows a gasket.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Things to Remember Empty Re: Things to Remember

Post  Papa Nurgle Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 pm

These are all very good points.
Papa Nurgle
Papa Nurgle
High Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebler Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 am

you should add a reminder to never try a Death or Glory move with an Avatar. Things......happen..... Sad
Keebler
Keebler
Ring Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:45 am

AHAHAHAHA Yah my bud Tarak would be the one you tried that on, I got a VERY detailed description of that particular moment in time. Thank you for making my day THAT much better lol.

Seriously though, yah bit of a slim risk you took yah? But hey commanders got to do what a commanders got to do. I suggest you accept it as the loss of a fine trooper and do your best to remember the lessons that day that will help you from having to repeat the same incident.

My condolances to your street pizza. tongue
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  LordCommissar Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:07 pm

All very good points something else that will help read your rule book and codex from front to back that advise was given to me and after reading the entire codex i learned that i was useing most of my units the wrong way when i adjusted fire and restructured my army list i was definetly a more formitable aponet. reading and understanding every aspect of your army and the basic rules is key to a fun game
LordCommissar
LordCommissar
Hurd/Skaven

Back to top Go down

Post  Everboards Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Yes its a great help, as well as it makes it easier to throw the book in a meta gamers face lol. No pun intended. Also another good tip in my opinion is to read as many codexes as you can, not only will you be reading which is great you learn about your opponents making you tactically better prepared but also you better informed about the hobby.
Everboards
Everboards
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down